• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP23: Love at First Twirl!

Rotom only said: "Poipole, the Poison Pin Pokémon. A Poison-type. Ultra beast entry complete."

Rotom only said: "Poipole, the Poison Pin Pokémon. A Poison-type. Ultra beast entry complete."
I still wish I could've seen an actual episode clip, but whatever. I've added that to Bulbapedia now.

In regards other stuff I've been curious to learn about this episode: did Poipole actually use Toxic or another move to poison Rowlet? Because it seemed like that to me.

So the narrator is an actual person? how weird. I hope we meet him one day

Poipole likes being paralysed. I guess we all have certain kinks...

"The Alola night sky sure is beautiful". Not as beautiful as Lille and Lana.

Lol I Molayane. I guess they're getting the trial captains out of the way at once

Ash: "I met like 4 Dexoys before, he's a space Pokemon".

Kiawe too poor to afford a box

Ash has a really cool lunch tbf

Pikachu running off like this is way out of character

WHY IS PIKACHU'S MOUTH SO BIG

Pikachu's a jerk, interupting their food. All looking at once.

Dog, cat, mouse, owl - Ash has quite the animal team. he needs an alien.

Wood Hammer vs a Grass/Flying type. Genius. Should've used Shadow Ball lol

That seemed like toxic but could've been any Poison move I suppose.

It was self defence Pikachu!!!!

TEAM ROCKET ACTUALLY SOLD SOMETHING?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?

Poipole is a proto Ekans. Trust me

The motto to a wild Pokemon lol. And lol, Jessie mentioned it was weird too. Meta

Why does Meowth know what a Torrocat is o.o

Good timing from Bewear this time

Weird how Lusamine gets to name it lol. Not even saying why he chose that name

Why does he know it was a Poison type o.o. It could be "Poison/_____)" I mean it's not but lol

Poipole is skilled at dodging Pokeballs.

He really should've tried weakening it after failing the 3rd time

"Poipole is the first Ultra Beast in the anime to be owned by a Trainer for longer than one episode." oh theyre counting Buzzwole, neat

Poipole can paint? that's actually neat.

WTP = Ash & classmates
Rowlet was poisoned with Toxic.
Torracat used Scratch to break the net (Lycanroc used Bite).

This episode was kind of slow for me. A little disappointing, since the introduction of Poipole is kind of a big deal. I'm also a little worried it's gonna get on my nerves after a while (I don't find it quite as cute or endearing as Nebby) but I'm curious to see its development over the course of the following episodes.

There were a few interesting details in this episode. For me, one of the biggest was Meowth saying that he doesn't understand what Poipole is saying. The fact that Ultra Beasts apparently speak a different language than Pokémon is pretty interesting to consider.

I also thought it was interesting that Pikachu was all fine playing with Poipole, but as soon as it attacked and poisoned Rowlett, Pikachu instantly got very defensive and angry. I liked seeing that side of Pikachu. In my opinion, SM has been doing a great job of making the characters more dimensional than they've been the past few seasons, and this was another example of that (Pikachu's personality, I feel, has become just as watered down as Ash's, but it has taken a positive turn with SM).

The scene where Ash was trying to catch Poipole was my favorite of the whole episode, closely followed by Sophocles' presentation in the beginning which had a lot of interesting tidbits (the introduction of Molayne, Ash expressing interest in stargazing, Mallow shushing the guys and scolding them for interrupting Sophocles) and was just overall cute and fun to watch. The rest of the episode, though, was pretty forgettable.

The episode was underwhelming for me. Poipole got really annoying and in later episodes its laugh really annoys me. I felt as though they could’ve spinned it to make Poipole unintentionally evil first and then Ash stops it and catches it. It would’ve made the episode faster paced. However, I liked Poipole’s personality and there were some funny scenes like when Ash tried to catch it.

6/10

I saw this episode the other day, and here are my thoughts.

• First, let me say that this episode has some extremely beautiful animation. I hope I’m right in saying that Iwane directed this one.
• I loved Poipole’s voice! Sure, it might annoy some people, but it fits very well. The other cast members did great too.
• When Team Rocket first showed up, I groaned, because I knew I would be in for some awful dialogue. Unfortunately, I was right. Some of Team Rocket’s dialogue in this episode is among the worst I’ve ever heard from them. The rhymes and alliteration reared their ugly heads as usual, and I cringed at Jessie’s “purple conehead” nickname for Poipole. I seriously hope she doesn’t keep calling it that for the rest of the season.
• The episode itself was great! Poipole was adorable, and I loved Togedemaru getting jealous at Pikachu. And when was the last time Team Rocket performed their motto? As much as I hate the Sun and Moon motto, it felt refreshing to see it again.

A capture episode... Let's see how this goes.

Poipole aka the anime moth.

Didn't know ocean water is natural cure for paralysis. :rolleyes:

Nice Molayne introduction. Can't wait to see him or the Hokulani Observatory in an episode. (y)(y)

Pikachu, it's not nice running away like that.

Still running the same biz, eh, Team Rocket. No pun intended.

Damn Rowlet getting knocked away like that. That's harsh. :(

Aww... Pikachu, you made Poipole cry.

Of course, Mimikyu is the first to notice Pikachu running close by. Ba dum tiss. :LOL:

Loved the little moment between Meowth and Torracat. (y):love:

Bewear coming in clutch. :p

Umm... treating Rowlet requires "ultra" guidance?! Okay. :whistle:

So, the group finally learns about Poipole and its nature. That's nice.

Poipole avoiding the Beast Balls like that was hilarious. :LOL:

Aww... Poipole doesn't know the true reason of a Poké Ball. Cute TBH. :X3:

So, Ash finally catches Poipole. Awesome. (y):cool: Can't wait to see more of that Pokémon.

A definite watch, full of entertainment and excitement. 9.5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom