• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP24: Real Life...Inquire Within!

Ash, ash's classmates and tupp (I think) Reads who's that pokemon in the dub

So, on the music situation, we're more or less back to the usual fare, I guess the previous 2 eps were just a fluke in this case. This was a 2/xx, so all the dub kept was the title card, and SM wild battle- expected, really. The dub's stock Batman theme was used roughly 12 times in this one, as well, not a real surprise...I suppose. Akhil used that fashion theme from XY's dub here again that Ed composed back then when Ash was getting dressed up by the three girls, as well, and the stock laundry & elevator themes got played so there's that...

And yes, Team Skull's theme has been replaced every episode in this Season so far, the dub has its own music there now for them.

On the script, well, "You take good care a' your Pokemon" shows me TPCi still has Ash dropping the use of the word "of" at times for whatever reason in his sentences, and "Purely purely the best for my Pokemon surely" has James rhyming outside of the motto as per SOP these days with the dub. The other line that stood out as particular cringe-worthy was "That's just the way Nurse Joy rolls" from dub Mallow- pretty inappropriate dialogue for a 10 year old girl to say, really.

Voice acting wise, only going to bring up Nurse Joy sounding years younger and more like a teenager than a woman than I'd like as far as Suzy Myers' portrayal goes, I've already stated my thoughts on the rest of the cast countless times as is.

As far as the music situation goes, unless it's one of the following 6 themes in a particular episode, I expect the rest of Season 21's dub to replace it from here on out:

- Follow Me/Title Card (Always Kept)
- SM Wild Battle (Only the first instance has been kept if played twice in Japanese)
- XY Wild Battle (See above)
- TR Motto
- TR Motto Variant
- Either SM Main Theme Title Screen/World of Pokemon from XY-M20 Movies Variant

Last edited:
Who reads the title card in the dub version for this episode? Ash, Kiawe, Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles read the title card in Japanese version.

Looking at the episodes va lists, I have narrowed down Poipole's VA to the following:

Abe Goldfarb
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Billy Bob Thompson
Carter Cathcart
Emily Jenness
Erica Schroeder
Jessica Paquet
Kate Bristol
Laurie Hymes
Lisa Ortiz
Marc Swint
Marc Thompson
Melissa Hope
Michael Liscio Jr.
Michele Knotz
Rodger Parsons
Roger Callagy
Rosie Reyes
Sarah Natochenny

It can't be any male VA as its definitely a female voicing it @BigDocFan

Leaving these VA's

Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Emily Jenness
Erica Schroeder
Jessica Paquet
Kate Bristol
Laurie Hymes
Lisa Ortiz
Melissa Hope
Michele Knotz
Rosie Reyes
Sarah Natochenny

Blimey, we had to wait until SM082 for Moani's name, we get her dub name Anela here

This episode was cute as heck! I've really enjoyed SM fillers much more than fillers of other recent series. Even though nothing crazy happened, the character interactions were fantastic, there was some good continuity, and of course some funny scenes.

I will forever be grateful to SM for two things: 1) Misty and Brock, and 2) the grand return of Ash in a dress. That whole scene was so great. The girls' reactions when they realized they had Ash cornered (Mallow's in particular), Ash's reaction, Kiawe and Sophocles calmly responding with the fact they found male uniforms but Ash could still wear his if he wanted...awesome (and the fact that Mallow pulled the EXACT SAME FACE when Rotomdex pulls out the pictures at the end had me rolling!)

The kids being awkward as heck in the beginning is me at work. It's so funny how they do all this crazy stuff all the time like battling Ultra Beasts and all that, yet when it comes to doing normal, every day job things...they panic. I loved that little detail.

I also love that they keep bringing the old lady from the market back! She's a simple character, but so sweet and I'm happy every time she shows up. It's a nice little bit of continuity.

Zipp just standing outside the Pokémon Center was kind of funny and kind of sad at the same time. Like, for sure I was cracking up when Ash kept looking at him like "wtf is this guy doing" but when you think about it, it's pretty sad that he's too nervous/stubborn/whatever to go into the center when he knows his Pokémon needs to be looked at. I also liked that they included the classmates being kind of cold to him and learning they need to help people even if they don't get along; it's both a good lesson for kids watching and is also much more dynamic than watching them just be happy and willing to do it. That treatment scene was pretty gross though; props to them for making it that grisly, lol.

The scene with James got me good too. It was just like a little bonus thing, but I thought it was a nice addition. "Have a moisturized day" was a little cringey but so funny at the same time. So perfect for James!

Overall, a very enjoyable episode! It made me laugh and it was super entertaining and lighthearted.

This episode was cute as heck! I've really enjoyed SM fillers much more than fillers of other recent series. Even though nothing crazy happened, the character interactions were fantastic, there was some good continuity, and of course some funny scenes.

I will forever be grateful to SM for two things: 1) Misty and Brock, and 2) the grand return of Ash in a dress. That whole scene was so great. The girls' reactions when they realized they had Ash cornered (Mallow's in particular), Ash's reaction, Kiawe and Sophocles calmly responding with the fact they found male uniforms but Ash could still wear his if he wanted...awesome (and the fact that Mallow pulled the EXACT SAME FACE when Rotomdex pulls out the pictures at the end had me rolling!)

The kids being awkward as heck in the beginning is me at work. It's so funny how they do all this crazy stuff all the time like battling Ultra Beasts and all that, yet when it comes to doing normal, every day job things...they panic. I loved that little detail.

I also love that they keep bringing the old lady from the market back! She's a simple character, but so sweet and I'm happy every time she shows up. It's a nice little bit of continuity.

Zipp just standing outside the Pokémon Center was kind of funny and kind of sad at the same time. Like, for sure I was cracking up when Ash kept looking at him like "wtf is this guy doing" but when you think about it, it's pretty sad that he's too nervous/stubborn/whatever to go into the center when he knows his Pokémon needs to be looked at. I also liked that they included the classmates being kind of cold to him and learning they need to help people even if they don't get along; it's both a good lesson for kids watching and is also much more dynamic than watching them just be happy and willing to do it. That treatment scene was pretty gross though; props to them for making it that grisly, lol.

The scene with James got me good too. It was just like a little bonus thing, but I thought it was a nice addition. "Have a moisturized day" was a little cringey but so funny at the same time. So perfect for James!

Overall, a very enjoyable episode! It made me laugh and it was super entertaining and lighthearted.

Agreed! so cute for everyone! And this is also the first time only one member of TRio appears, James! Never done this before!

I don't suppose the captions revealed that if Comfey used a move on Nurse Joy towards the begining, Aromatherapy or Floral Healing?

One thing I liked about this episode was that it gave us an insight into Nurse Joy's world, we rarely see her outside of greetings trainers arriving at the center

Also gave Zipp some characterization, shows that he does care for his Pokemon, even if he was nervous about entering

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom