• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP25: Rise and Shine, Starship!

So...how did TPCI handle the Princess (in this case Starship) Kakuya references? o_O

So...how did TPCI handle the Princess (in this case Starship) Kakuya references? o_O
Nothing too notable there: what I do recall is TPCI gave Team Rocket and Sophocles the bulk of the script rewrites/changes in this episode's dub (TR just have too many alliterations and slang to list here so I won't bother with them), whereas dub Sophocles took a page out of TPCI Ash's book and said the line "let 'er rip" which no 10 year old boy would say in real life, but that's expected.

The Batman stock theme got played 11 times in this one, twice in a row when Ash and Kiawe tried to catch Celesteela in the dub and it didn't fit at all, but made me laugh at how unfitting it was so there's that.

It's a 2/xx musically speaking, so the usual, they kept the title card & TR motto theme, everything else was replaced- what you'd expect the norm to be on that front.

(The dub episode title is one of the poorest in the Series, imo, that aside)

I see Sophocles and Togedemaru are reading Who's That Pokemon in the dub version.

Last edited:
And it is the first time that pokemon (togedemaru) does the who's that pokemon segment in the English dub

Yeah considering DuArt's fear of anything and everything Japanese I'm not surprised by this at all. Can't have children learning too much now can we?
It's not that. It's just that calling it "Kaguya" in the dub wouldn't make sense, since Lusamine and her crew used the fairy tale to name the Ultra Beast, so "Celest" actually fits it pretty well, IMO.

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Ryan William Downey
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Lisa Ortiz
Carrie Savage
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Yeah considering DuArt's fear of anything and everything Japanese I'm not surprised by this at all. Can't have children learning too much now can we?
Tim, instead of trying to find ways to bash the dub every single moment you can, why don't you think for a moment. Celest would make more sense because the Pokemon's English name is Celesteela. Just like how in Japanese, the Pokemon's name is Tekkaguya, so Kaguya would make sense

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom