• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP26: The Young Flame Strikes Back!

Well, Bourgain comes from bargain and Electivire's Japanese name. Erekiburu => Burugan. It's actually something that the dub chose to keep the name pun.

But Viren... eh..... Couldn't they just have gone with Alec or something?

Watching the dubbed version, notice that Ash's ''Going to use the bathroom'' was changed to brushing his teeth

Really loved this episode, Bill Rogers confirms he voices Electivire, really enjoyed him back in D&P as Electivire, great to see Mimo and her parents

Marc Swint is the best actor this episode I feel

Saw this episode on Disney XD today. Here’s my thoughts:

Voice-wise: Marc Swint was obviously the best performer today. Which makes sense as this was a very Kiawe-heavy episode. The rest of the main cast were great, too. On the other hand, we have the voices for his parents. I can’t stand Kiawe’s father’s voice. He sounds bored no matter how he’s supposed to be feeling. His mother’s voice is slightly better. It reminds me a lot of Megan Hollingshead, for some reason. The problem I have with her is how she overacts all of her lines. I also really hated the voice for Byron/Bryan/Whatever his name is. If you ask me, they should’ve gotten someone like Wayne Grayson for him.

Plot-wise: Kind of boring, really. While the animation was nice, it wasn’t enough to make up for the plot. And while I hated his voice, I thought that the design of Kiawe’s father was hilarious. My favorite part, however, was that Team Rocket did not appear.

Does anyone else here find it weird when a character is blatantly named after a Pokémon species that they happen to own? It's as though Viren's parents were prophets or something.

Does anyone else here find it weird when a character is blatantly named after a Pokémon species that they happen to own? It's as though Viren's parents were prophets or something.

We see quite a bit of that in the anime, strange isn't it

At least Kiawe's parents named him and Mimo as a theme

This show brought back Brock and Misty for the nostalgia wank but, they couldn't think not to have the "all the Jennys look alike" thing be explained to someone who should be accutely aware.

This show really pisses me off sometimes

Last edited:
This show brought back Brock and Misty for the nostalgia wank but, they couldn't think to have the "all the Jennys look alike" thing be explained to someone who should be accutely aware.

This show really pisses me off sometimes

That does annoy me quite a bit, its as if Ash suffers from long term amnesia over simple things other than his Pokemon or he is dumb

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom