• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP27: Dewpider Ascending!

It is a nice Episode! 8/10! So sad Lana didn't catch Dewpider!

And no Criticizing of dub please? for Peace! lalalallalala! If you don't like it, just ignore and no posting any negative stuffs only please???? Lallala It is a right way to pronounce Dewpider in some reasons! Maybe TCPi follows the British Pronunciation rather american one. "i" could be prounced in "ee" sound! I love the Pronunciation! lalalalallalalala..so creative!
This is literally a discussion forum where you can criticize or praise the dub and how it handles things however much one wants- freedom of speech: honestly, if you don't like hearing the flaws of something being addressed, as well as its good traits, or different perspectives, this isn't the place for it. You aren't going to change my mind by going "lalalalala," either, sorry.

Also, it's TPCi, not TCPi, just thought you should know. Finally, to the only actual point you raised on the topic, I see what you mean on Dewpider I suppose, but considering the dub is produced in New York in America rather than in the UK/Britain, it's kind of faulty logic. Again, I'll say this- it's at least better handled than Episode 72's dub, I'm thankful for that.

This is literally a discussion forum where you can criticize or praise the dub and how it handles things however much one wants- freedom of speech: honestly, if you don't like hearing the flaws of something being addressed, as well as its good traits, or different perspectives, this isn't the place for it. You aren't going to change my mind by going "lalalalala," either, sorry.

Also, it's TPCi, not TCPi, just thought you should know. Finally, to the only actual point you raised on the topic, I see what you mean on Dewpider I suppose, but considering the dub is produced in New York in America rather than in the UK/Britain, it's kind of faulty logic. Again, I'll say this- it's at least better handled than Episode 72's dub, I'm thankful for that.

ok alalalalalalalalalal! For Peace and love!

They pronounced it as Jew-pider?
More like "Du-pi-der". I've always been pronouncing it "Dew-pie-der", so it felt kinda weird to hear it that way. You can listen to it from the Pokédex clip above.

Also, if they honestly pronounced it like that just for the sake of the title, or made the title while being under the impression that it actually is pronounced that way, I just can't help but shake my head at that.

Last edited:
Okay, everyone, it’s time to remind a couple of things here.

First of all, remember to always be respectful toward your fellow users. Doing things like mocking people or their posts is really rude, so let’s try to avoid doing that, alright?

Also, be respectful toward other people’s opinions about a topic. Everyone should be free to criticize or praise something without being called out by others for their own opinions. Discussing opposite opinions and good and bad points of a topic are what the forums are about. As such, don’t shut down someone else just because they so happen to have a different opinion from you, because that’s disrespectful toward the people with differing thoughts.

With this said, carry on with this episode’s discussion.

Wedding March was replaced both times with dub variants in English, Goldfarb made his own versions of it so that's more or less that.
I'm willing to take the position of "as long as it's there" for this one. But that does raise a question: why replace it with a local version in the first place? For that matter, if it's okay here, why wasn't it okay for Kukui's and Burnet's wedding episode?

I've only seen clips of the Surskit fight. Does Wedding March also play when Dewpider first sees Lana, as it does in the Japanese?

LOL why did they make the pronounciation for Dewpider like Jupiter?? I get that they wanted to make the episode title sound like the movie Jupiter Ascending, but come on, TPCi clearly pronounced it the wrong way. It's supposed to be said like Dew-Py-Der, not Dew-Pidder. This is just like Ferroseed and Ferrothorn all over again
I'm pretty sure TPCi are the judges of how things are pronounced, but if Dewpider appears in any tournaments on Play! Pokemon we should get the definitive answer

Bonus Scene:

View: https://twitter.com/worldofkevinc/status/1032541978825768960

Dewpider's dubbed voice is pretty awesome imo. I love when they put effort in distinguishing the voices and making them unique, rather than having them all sound alike or bland.

I know some people disapprove of Lisa Ortiz's voice directing but this does show that she is improving

That's odd, just seen that the VA list for this episode is exactly the same as that of the previous episode, its the shame on CITV

With the end credits of this episode matching those of the previous episode, was wondering if the credits are different now it has aired in America?

Glad I wasn't the only one WTFing over the pronunciation of Dewpider. o_O

With the end credits of this episode matching those of the previous episode, was wondering if the credits are different now it has aired in America?
The list on this episode, which I just watched while recording, has some names different from theworldofkevinc's list, like Justin Anselmi, Michael Liscio, Jr., Haven Paschall, and Zoe Martin. I can't pause or it becomes too blurry for me to read, but I don't think I see, for example, Tamir Cousins-Ali or Wayne Grayson.

Edit: Ok, this is the list I see:
Justin Anselmi
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Abe Goldfarb
Martha Harms
Emily Jenness

Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio, Jr.
Zoe Martin
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
Bill Rogers
Marc Thompson

Last edited:
The list on this episode, which I just watched while recording, has some names different from theworldofkevinc's list, like Justin Anselmi, Michael Liscio, Jr., Haven Paschall, and Zoe Martin.

Thanks for varifying, thought it strange that kevin c's list matched that off the previous episode

CITV also listed the same credits

I see Mairin's back

GOD!!! What it's been like... 6 months? Damn, college, look what you made me do... :censored:

Oh, so, here we have a Lana focus episode. That's sure to be interesting.

It's a Dewpider. Wonder where it's rushing to? :unsure: Also, I definitely did not pronounce Dewpider the correct way till now, hmm.

Oh, so, the Dewpider is looking for its own nest. I'm a 100% intrigued to see what the focus of our episode does to get one.

Damn, that troll Pikipek. I sure hope it was just trying to burst Dewpider's water bubble, and nothing more. :oops:

Aww... Dewpider, that's a Salandit. You should be able to handle it. ...oh, well!

Dewpider deciding superiority using their bubble size definitely impressed me. Nice parallel to the real world. (y)

Ah, the ocean... And so many Water-types... My heart can't handle this!!! :love:

Aww... The Dewpider is smitten with Lana. That's cute. Though, it's because of that bubble, I'm pretty sure. :p

Popplio and Dewpider quarreling like that made me giggle. :LOL:

Dewpider catching Lana? Mallow, that's smart!

Lana: bursts bubble
Dewpider:
surprised-anime-gif-11.gif

I'm not suprised there, though...

Finding a nest...? Yes, onto the original task, please. Glad the group decided to follow the Dewpider. Also, I liked how Lana asked everyone not to help Dewpider. I agree with her there; finding a pond is something Dewpider must do itself, "like a monarch". ;)

Damn, these Normal/Flying Pokémon just can't leave poor Dewpider alone. :confused_emoji:

Poipole trolling Dewpider was pretty cute TBH. :p

Alright, the Dewpider finally found a pond for itself. That's good ne- oh wait, it's taken by a Surskit. Hmm... come on, Dewpider; show it who's boss. :cool:Also, I definitely did not know that Dewpider and Surskit's rivalry paralleled Zangoose and Seviper's. Hmm, I guess we learn some new everyday after all...

Nice seeing Mirror Coat in the anime.

Oh, so, the Surskit evolved into Masquerain. That's great news, for the both of them, I guess. Guess that means the Dewpider finally found a pond for itself. That's lovely news.

Dewpider still being smitten with Lana tho... :p Wonder if we'll ever see it again.

All in all, a nice, entertaining episode. It was great to see an episode from a Pokémon's point of view, ever since like the original series IIRC. I'll give this a 10/10. (y)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom