• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP29: Why Not Give Me a Z-Ring Sometime?

Ace-rola?
A-say-role-ah?
Accelerock?
LOL. I seriously thought they'd go with Ace-rola though, myself.

It is very great episode well done! lala! 9.5/10!! WOHOO!
Yeah, I know, everything's sunshine and rainbows with you- you may as well give every episode a 10/10, honestly. Not that it's wrong to like it, but again, this isn't changing my mind nor are you going to force me to do that.

I can't tell who it is voicing Acerola. Initially I thought it was Haven, but after hearing the whole episode, it might be Lauren. I just can't tell without seeing it up on Bulbapedia itself.

This was a fun episode. Team Rocket dub episodes are usually super cringey, but I've found that the SM ones are much more tolerable, even though they're still obsessed with giving the trio some truly awful dialogue...

I really enjoyed seeing their personalities on display here and James getting a bit of focus in terms of obtaining and using the Z Ring, though I also think it was a really nice touch that all three of them did the Z Move together. Like that we got to see a bit more of Matori as well. She's super obnoxious, lol. Jessie getting annoyed and then giving her an attitude was super funny and relatable.

I also feel like SM's really been killing it with the dub voices! Acerola and Nanu were just perfect to me, exactly like how I imagined them in the games. I also thought Acerola was pronounced the way they said it in the dub, although I can see why some people might think of it differently. Her name definitely confused me during my original playthrough and it took me quite a while to determine how I personally thought her name was pronounced.

I kind of think for episodes like this, it would be nice for Team Rocket to read the title of the episode. I mean, Ash was in this one for a grand total of like 20 seconds. They do it for Who's That Pokémon, so not really sure why they can't do it for the title card too. A minor thing, but it did strike me as odd, mainly because Ash's role in this episode was really so limited.

Excited to see more of Acerola and Nanu, especially their interactions with Ash!

I can see why some people might think of it differently
They actually used the world of information at their fingertips? It's the same with "elytra" from Minecraft. I think I've only heard two YouTubers (the only one I can directly remember being Logdotzip) say EL-ih-tra; everyone else says eh-LIE-tra or eh-LEE-tra (they may even add an S at the end, pluralizing an already plural word). I wonder if there's a reason they pronounced "Acerola" with a long A other than maybe looking it up on YouTube and watching the first video....

They actually used the world of information at their fingertips? It's the same with "elytra" from Minecraft. I think I've only heard two YouTubers (the only one I can directly remember being Logdotzip) say EL-ih-tra; everyone else says eh-LIE-tra or eh-LEE-tra (they may even add an S at the end, pluralizing an already plural word). I wonder if there's a reason they pronounced "Acerola" with a long A other than maybe looking it up on YouTube and watching the first video....

I mean...this happens all the time? There's been plenty of times they end up using a different pronunciation of a Pokémon's name than what I thought it was. It's really not that big of a deal...at least, I don't think it is. Just an observation.

I saw this episode today. Here are my thoughts.

• I was looking forward to this episode when I saw that Gengar was in it. I love him so much, and any episode that has him in it is automatically good in my book. The plot for the episode was pretty good. My favorite part was the decoys that Team Rocket made to fool Bewear.
• On the subject of the dub, I really liked Nanu’s voice. It reminded me of a cross between Mike Pollock and David Brimmer, if that makes any sense. Acerola’s voice didn’t really do much for me. She sounded like she was thirty years old. I would have preferred if they gave the role to someone like Lisa Ortiz, who can actually make herself sound like a child. The thing that surprised me the most here was that Team Rocket’s dialogue wasn’t as cringeworthy as it usually is. Michele Knotz did a really good job in this episode (shocking, isn’t it?), and I loved that random Jessiebelle voice she put on when Jessie first got into her disguise!
• I LOVE the animation! This is unmistakably an Iwane episode, and he was in top form here. Some of the faces that Team Rocket made were pretty hilarious, proof that Iwane has his best animators working on this one. He always excels when it comes to Team Rocket.

ALRIGHT!!! :giggle: An episode focusing on Team Rocket... Let's see how this one goes!

Wow, Mareanie knows Knock Off now. That's great news! (y) And, yeah, there goes my desire of seeing Meowth upgrade his Bite or Night Slash to Black Hole Eclipse... Ah, oh well! :(

Hmm... Didn't know Giovanni and Nanu were acquaintances. :unsure:

Wow, Team Rocket's plan to put Bewear off is actually quite clever. (y)But eh... I am not sure how long Team Rocket would be able to succeed...

IT'S ACEROLA!!! :love: AND IT'S A SHINY MIMIKYU!!! :love:

So many Alolan Meowth! I liked how Meowth seemed a little suspicious of them. Nice nod there, writers! (y)

Aww... Nanu, Team Rocket was so upbeat... Why did you have to lie to them? :(

Wait, is this The Keystone Pops!?

So, the Greedy Rapooh's a Gengar? Interesting. Damn, that's one greedy; you can be sure on that! Blissey following it after it stole her egg made me laugh out loud. :LOL: Also, apparently Gengar can keep(?) stuff within their bodies... Didn't know about that one... :unsure:

The Gengar versus Mimikyu pre-battle was epic. :cool:

Hey, so, the Gengar isn't half as bad, it seems... :giggle: ANDDD, now, it wants to keep Acerola as well?! :cautious:

Nice Doraemon reference! :ROFLMAO:

Damn that Gengar... It actually tried to suck Acerola in!!! Phew! Glad Team Rocket came to the rescue.

So that Gengar has possession skills too. That's one multi-talented Gengar! :unsure:

Thanks to Nanu giving them the Z-Power Ring, James and Mareanie finally used Black Hole Eclipse. Ah, I'm so proud of them. :giggle:

Oh, so the Gengar was just looking for companions. Kinda weird a way but eh... I'm still happy for it. (y):giggle:

So, the Mimilyu IS a ghost. Wait, so how was Acerola able to hold it while they were falling... And how was it able to give Mimikium-Z to Jessie? Questions, questions! :unsure:

So, Team Rocket did end up keeping the Z-Power Ring after all. That's great news! (y)

Oh, it's Ash... And he's off to Ula'ula Island?... Sudden, but okay; more progress is never unwanted.

A well-written episode indeed. Team Rocket got some well needed focus here. Can't wait to see what the trio and Ash end up doing in Ula'ula Island.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom