• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP36: Not Caving Under Pressure!

Even Sophocles is reading WTP with Mallow and Lillie, too. This needs to be added to the trivia.

Added

Watching the dub, it was nice that the reason for the separation was not another Team Rocket attempt to steal their Pokemon

Was nice to see Lillie get some focus and have a proper battle for a change, hope she eventually gets to use Subzero Slammer, was hoping Sandshrew might get added to a team

Looks like this is the final episode to feature Kate Bristol

Wow I really liked this one, its the second SM episode I have legitimately liked. This had classic Pokemon episode written all over it. And I was really happy Kikui wasn't chaperoning them, this might be the first time this group was actually traveling all together in classic Pokemon fashion! And then we get a classic split up with some nice split group dynamics and an opportunity for Lillie to really step up in a really cool looking cave with some interesting discoveries. What a fun episode for SM.

An episode focusing on Lillie... Let's go!!!

So, we have the gang traveling onto Ferry Terminal to catch a ferry to Melemele Island. Hmm... so that means Professor Kukui left without the kids along. Wait WHY?! :confused_emoji:

Marowak being a cute rogue as ever. :p Also, err... I didn't know Turtonator's spikes would blow up even if they hit the ground. I mean none of that has ever happened before, now has it? :unsure: Noted!

The gang getting split in a cave?! YES!!! :love:

So, it's Ash and Kiawe, Lana, Marowak and Rotom Dex, Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles, and Pikachu, Poipole, Lycanroc, Torracat and Turtonator left together. Interesting... Let's see which of these groups finds the exit first.

Nice seeing Boldore in the anime. (y) Also, oof at Rowlet being a useless Pokémon. :whistle:

Err... What's an Alolan Raticate doing in a chilly cave like this anyway? :rolleyes:

Aww... Mallow's goal is so sweet. #MallowBestGirl. :love::D And, Sophocles wants to be an astronaut. Honestly, I am not surprised at this, especially after the previous episode. :p

Hey, its a group of Alolan Sandshrew... Wonder what they are up to. And man, that's a big Alolan Sandshrew. So many anime-exclusive Totem Pokémon, and I am definitely not complaining. (y)

Yeah, running into a group of training wild Sandshrew... That was probably not the best idea, you guys. :confused_emoji:

Aww... that Sandshrew grabbing the cookie off of Mallow to eat in the corner was so cute. :giggle:

That ice castle-thingy... It's so pretty!! :love:

Oh, so the Sandshrew want to ward off the stray Tyranitar, that's what they do wanna do. (y)

Lana got no chill tho... :LOL:

Mallow Kick? And Sophocles Nibble? Yup, these are easily my favourite moves now. :LOL:

Wow, I definitely did not expect Lillie challenging Tyranitar to a battle. And man did she battle wonderfully. Good job, girl; your development has been amazing, and I definitely feel great! (y)

Tyranitar being a wimp tho! :LOL:

Charjabug dug out an Ice Stone?!?! :eek: So, that means Vulpi-oh wait...oh okay, the Totem Sandshrew evolves into Sandslash instead. Okay. (y)

Ah, Lillie got an Icium-Z. I'd say that's well deserved!

"And the winners of the 'First-to-Escape Competition' are Ash and Kiawe." :LOL: Also, Kiawe's such a crybaby for his Pokémon; I love it! :giggle:

Another Ice Stone?! Charjabug best digger confirmed!!! :p

So Snowy does not want to evolve yet. Fair enough; maybe it wants a bit more experience before doing just that, and that is definitely fine if you ask me. (y):giggle:

An easy watch, I'd say. I like the classic Pokémon anime vibe this one alluded. And Lillie got some development and focus, and that's never bad. :p 9.5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom