• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP39: Dummy, You Shrunk the Kids!

Reaction score
Is Ash reading the title for this episode in the dub with a normal voice or a shrunken voice? In the Japanese version of the episode, Ash's shrunken voice can be heard.

And thus Kate Bristol is now no longer the voice for Togedemaru (unless her last apperance will be the new Smash game).

Although I think the voice change was unnecessary since other Pika clones kept their Japanese voices Kate did an admirable job at voicing the little ball of cuteness and I wish her the best of luck now that she’s back at Texas and working with FUNimation again.

And thus Kate Bristol is now no longer the voice for Togedemaru (unless her last apperance will be the new Smash game).

Although I think the voice change was unnecessary since other Pika clones kept their Japanese voices Kate did an admirable job at voicing the little ball of cuteness and I wish her the best of luck now that she’s back at Texas and working with FUNimation again.
She had to move to another state because she had a baby.

This episode was kinda funny. Definitely not my favorite, but worth it for more of Faba's arrogance and Lana straight up clowning him (she is for real in my Top 3 Pokegirls at this point, so much sass!)

It reminded me a lot of the shrinking dream episode in DP. Like...a lot. Except this one was real so...a little more weird. Togedemaru turning big at the end was funny, her deep voice got a good chuckle out of me.

I thought this one was good. It still boggles me that Faba is allowed to walk free after everything that happened. And considering the expressions on everyone's faces (minus Ash and Kukui), I think it boggles them too. If Lusamine doesn't fire that man after hearing about this, then I don't think he could get fired for anything.

It was interesting that they actually tried to address the more practical applications of Pokemon technology. I mean if they have Pokeballs that can store large creatures in small spaces, you do have to wonder about how else you could apply that. Though I'll also say that energy beams don't bounce like that. And it's not like there was a reflective surface. Ah, cartoons.

I blame Ash in part for the resulting mess, since it was his messing around that got them all lost. Faba still gets the vast majority though. Also, was I the only one that found Lillie's easy and sudden acceptance of being tiny just a wee bit weird? And then Ash went along with it with such enthusiasm. I think we may need to list "bouts of temporary insanity" as a side effect of the shrink ray on humans. And then there's Pikachu's sneeze undoing it.... was that intentional, or coincidental? XD

It was also nice to see that nasty bully of a Persian get the beatdown it deserved.

Finally, can we acknowledge Snowy's facial expression in this episode? XD

SM083.png

Just... look at it! XD That face should be a meme. "Snowy does not approve."

Well, what do we have here... :D

Faba's the guest teacher?! This wouldn't end well, I tell ya! :cautious:

Ah, Ash getting excited over science... Nice nod there, writers! (y)

Wow, that's a pretty interesting idea for an invention though! (y)

Yup, Faba, you definitely thought of that reboot idea, uh huh! :cautious:

"Small light!" Oh wait, wrong anime! :p

Damn, Faba, you are one incompetent inventor! (n)

Togedemaru crashing into the machine... Saw that coming from a mile away!

So, Togedemaru is less dense than water... Interesting! :unsure:

No, Kiawe, you don't need to be an Ultra Guardian to look for your friends. :rolleyes:

Yes, Togedemaru! Teach that Alolan Rattata who's boss! (y)

DEDENNE!!! :love: Feels nice to see them here! :giggle:

Lillie's fantasy was too real! :LOL:

Umm... Hanging off a Comfey and floating. Not the safest idea, guys... :confused_emoji:

Damn, Lillie's too real in this episode... :LOL:

THAT'S TOGEDEMARU ABUSE, PERSIAN! :(

No, Ash, a stick will not save you from that beast. Not sure why Ash isn't calling out his Pokémon to battle Persian though. Maybe they are in his bag... and so then oh well!

Damn Tsareena's one powerful battler now!

So a Pikachu's sneeze has magical/scientific powers LOL! o_O

Honestly, Madame, you need to focus more attention on your Persian.

Enlarged Togedemaru's cry is nightmare fuel though! o_O Well, at least your invention worked as you originally wanted it to, Faba! :LOL:

All in all, it was a decent, entertaining episode. Definitely an unusual plot, but that wouldn't stop from enjoying the episode. A 9.5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom