• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: S21 EP41: The Long Vault Home!

theworldofkevinc

Working to help with dub related content
Reaction score
  • Staff
New episode aired on TVNZ
Keep spoilers in the spoilers tag please.

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Sam Black
Roger Callagy
Emily Cramer
Ryan William Downey
Daniel J. Edwards
Abe Goldfarb
Wayne Grayson
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Lisa Ortiz
H.D. Quinn
Marc Thompson

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Wayne Grayson again, guessing he voices one of Viren's henchmen, we know H.D. Quinn voices Viren

FinnishPokéFan92

The ocean is my Cloyster.
Reaction score
Been a while since we've gotten a new dub episode. Looking forward to the usual episode clips.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Watching the episode, I think I detected an error, Viren refers to Ash as ''the brat from yesterday''

I'm no expert on timing but wouldn't the encounter with Viren have been the day before yesterday?

Thoughts

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Man, this was infuriating to watch

They spend the entire day throwing poké balls at it and then have the gall to say they couldn't think of anything else to do?!

And the next day, Ash plans to throw TWO balls at the same time!

What a brave, intelligent, and ingenious hero

Then there's Tsundereena caving in Kiawe's skull and Ash's numerous blunders

Screw this episode, screw the Ultra Guardians, and screw the SM anime for dropping the ball on such a promising generation

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Man, this was infuriating to watch

They spend the entire day throwing poké balls at it and then have the gall to say they couldn't think of anything else to do?!

And the next day, Ash plans to throw TWO balls at the same time!

What a brave, intelligent, and ingenious hero

Then there's Tsundereena caving in Kiawe's skull and Ash's numerous blunders

Screw this episode, screw the Ultra Guardians, and screw the SM anime for dropping the ball on such a promising generation
So much for being called "Ultra Guardians."

Kthleen

Reaction score
Watching the episode, I think I detected an error, Viren refers to Ash as ''the brat from yesterday''

I'm no expert on timing but wouldn't the encounter with Viren have been the day before yesterday?

Thoughts
The Japanese version says "yesterday" (kinou) as well. What I'm wondering is just what the whole phrase is. I'm not familiar with his way of speaking, so what he says after "Kisama kinou no" is kind of lost on me ("kinou no ko" [ko meaning kid] would make sense to me; "kinou no kozue[n?]ge" doesn't 0_o???).

Islander Princess

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
I actually didn't hate this episode, and I usually don't really like the Ultra Guardian episodes. Maybe because there were some good lines/moments thrown in (mostly having to do with Viren...Kiawe was gold this episode with him).

Stakataka is a weird Ultra Beast (not like that's unusual, pretty much all of the Ultra Beasts are weird as hell) but I guess the premise behind it was odd, with the vault jumping. On one hand, I liked it; there were cute moments and it reminded me of when I was a gymnast. But it was also kind of a weird lesson I guess. "We're gonna practing jumping" like okay Kukui, what's that helping them with though?? Yeah, I know it helped with eventually beating Stakataka. I just meant in general, as like...an actual lesson, lol.

Still, I appreciate episodes which can make me laugh and put a smile on my face, so for that, the episode was enjoyable enough. Ultra Guardians and Ultra Beasts still don't do much for me as a plot point, though.

Jared DiCarlo

Grovyle Fan
Reaction score
Yet another great episode! While I am getting a little tired of the Ultra Beast thing, the humor in this episode more than made up for it. My favorite part was when Ash used Turtonator’s spikes to get on top of Stakataka. I love Turtonator, so this made me very happy!