• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP46: Securing the Future!

Reaction score
Aired on TVNZ. Keep spoilers in the tags.

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Simona Berman
Sam Black
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Emily Cramer
Daniel J. Edwards
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Ted Lewis
Michael Liscio. Jr
Suzy Myers
Lisa Ortiz
Scottie Ray
Sean Reyes
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson
Pete Zarustica

WTP coming soon!

Dammit, Goldfarb, you ruined the Poipole montage. I wasn't expecting Future Connection, but at least give me something other than extremely generic filler tracks. In the Japanese version it felt like a triumphant ending to Poipole's story, here it was just a random series of clips set to what's basically the musical equivalent of walla (unintelligible murmers by background cast to fill a scene) with nothing at all to make it stand out as a cap off to Poipole's adventures. Even an extended version of Under the Alolan Moon would have been better than what we got.

I'm not normally one to complain about Goldfarb's score and watching Master Quest on Twitch showed me that he's a vast improvement on whoever was doing the 4Kids music at that time, but he really did not deliver in this instance.

The Japanese version had no title card. Does the dub have one?
Nope, Ash just calls out, "Securing the Future!" awkwardly during the first scene transition, it really feels jammed in there. There's no intro either, the episode starts with Ash recapping the arc, then we see Faba and Kikui fighting Team Rocket's Aggron, then it cuts back to Ash and co. with, "Securing the Future!" called out over a random shot of the cave roof leading into the first Ultra Guardians scene of the episode.

Last edited:
I saw the title on the screen...I thought it was really cool because it was different! I also liked that Ash has been narrating the past few episodes' recaps. SM has been trying so many different things and it's really refreshing!

I thought this arc was pretty good overall. I thought it was serious without being too edgy or overboard. They threw some humor in there to keep it from being a total drag. Ash and Faba were particularly funny in this episode. Also, I absolutely love Professor Kukui. I already knew this, but this episode just cemented it.

Gladion and Ash using the z moves together for Lunala and Solgaelo was awesome.

I wasn't a huge Poipole fan tbh (I didn't hate it or anything, I just didn't really feel one way or another) so the departure scene didn't really hit me too hard, although its drawing of Ash and Pikachu was cute.

Not going to lie, I'm looking forward to getting back to some more fun, lighthearted episodes! Fortunately, I felt that this arc was just the right length: not too short, not too drawn out, so I wasn't sick of it by the end. Hit all the marks for me!

And so we have it... The conclusion!

Wow, Necrozma sure is one hungry Pokémon to just absorb all the energy like that, and not budge an eye! :lapras:

Faba, you are not much help as 'Team Leader' here, are you? :LOL::confused_emoji:

Hmm... so, Faba now knows that Kukui is the Masked Royal. Ah, I don't trust him to keep that secret with him for long... :confused_emoji:

Ash being a general pain in such a crisis situation bothers me... :rolleyes: Oh well, I guess he is just trying to lift the team spirit...

Tapu Koko to the rescue once again! (y)

Wow, the Manalo Festival ceremonies are such a sight to behold! :bulbaLove:

So, Tapu Koko is sharing its light with Necrozma... That's interesting, to say the least. (y)

Wicke, you go gurl! :LOL::love:

Ah yes, combining and doing activities... That's what Alola's known for, isn't it? :love: Everyone sharing their power was definitely a beauty to watch! Though, yeah, some Pokémon just standing on their hind legs/ holding their fins together/ something something... was really funny to watch! :LOL:

Solgaleo and Lunala's care for each other makes me feel so good! :love: Also, yeah, Necrozma is still not satisfied, just as I had thought! :LOL::confused_emoji:

Okay, so the Island Kahunas launching their Z-Moves was not what I was expecting to happen, but I guess that's the only way now, huh... I must say I was legit surprised at seeing only three Z-Moves go off, but then I realized... Yeah, Poni Island doesn't really have an Island Kahuna... :LOL: #JusticeForTapuFini. Wait, also, does that mean the Poni Island people are not helping with the situation at all?! :confused_emoji: Glad it worked out though!

Searing Sunraze Smash and Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom?! Definitely was not expecting those Z-Moves... But it was wonderful seeing them here! :love:

And, yeah, finally we have it! IT'S ULTRA NECROZMA, BABY!!! :cool:

Wow, those are some rejuvenating powers the Prism Pokémon has... :oops::lapras:

Ah, so it's goodbye time for our little buddy, eh? Much love to you! :bulbaLove: I liked how the background music was rather cheerful for this cheery Poison Pin Pokémon. That drawing it made at the end nearly had me teary-eyed though. :love:

So the Professor does feel cold, eh? :LOL:

All in all, a well-written episode, and an entertaining arc for sure. 10/10 from me.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom