• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP47: A Plethora of Pikachu!

God, this episode was such a chore to sit through then and might be worse with the dub.

It’s like YES, we get it. It’s a Pikachu valley, do we really need to hear the word Pika get used so many times? God almighty, it gets old so fast.

It was definitely worse in the dub. A lot worse. In Japanese you can just tune it out because suffix-based verbal tics are so common in their children's media that you get used to it, and although I get that that simply isn't the case in western media the way they chose to translate it was incredibly obnoxious. If Pikarla had become a regular character and we had Pika-this and Pika-that for the remainder of the Pika-series I would genuinely be looking at dropping the Pika-show, at least the dub version of it. Still, even in the dub she's not that bad, and if I had to chose between Pikarla or Cameron joining the permanent cast I would pick Pikarla so fast you'd think it was instinct.

The beginning of the episode was really off-putting. No mentions of the school or the other cast members as they are already on the Pikachu Valley, and the episode almost forces you into Pika-mode. No doubt why it was passed as the dub season premiere, but it leaves the doubt of why it was indeed the season premiere in Japan. It doesn't tell us anything about what makes SM different from previous series.

But once you understand the episode's weirdness it's actually pretty funny. We got some small personality details of Pikachu and the use of Mimikyu's Z-move was very creative.

I liked that they made a jab at how the trailer was inaccessible in the games, I hope they do the same with you-know-what on SM110.

I don't know about any of pikayou, but I was smirking like a motherfucker when Electroweb stopped Volt Tackle cold. Either I'm looking pikatoo deeply into this or they've made a not-so-subtle point here.

An episode on Pikachu Valley... Let's see how it goes! (y)

Man, Mimo's here too?! This episode gon' be a fun episode, now that's for sure! :D(y)

Those costumes weird me out though... AND THAT TAIL! HOW EVEN IN THE WORLD?! :oops:

Okay, on second thoughts, Ash, Kiawe and Mimo Pikash, Pikamo and Pikawe look pretty cute in that costume... :unsure:o_O

Mimo's Tearful Look really did a banger on Kiawe, huh... :cool: Kiawe spinning round and round had me laughing so hard! :ROFLMAO:

Hey, it's the famous Pikachu House from the games! :lapras: Poor Kiawe! :confused_emoji:

Ash's Pikachu terribly failing at impressing the female ones is too real. I feel you, buddy! :(:ROFLMAO:

Man, Mimikyu is not cool with this place one bit... Now that is premise for disaster right there! :(

Kiawe's reaction after feeling Pikachu's fur was priceless! :bulbaLove::LOL:

Uh oh, someone's not happy with Ash's Pikachu's intrusion and sudden fame.

Wow, those Pikachu really love seeing a fight, if I do say so myself. :oops:(y) And Kiawe is addressing some intellectual issues with Mimo here; we stan! :LOL:(y)

Umm... Yeah, Pikala! That's Ash's Pikachu; I'm sure he has the right to interfere...

I must admit, Ash's Pikachu trapping Boss in the Electroweb was pretty clever. (y) Ah, I feel bad for Boss now, huh... :confused_emoji: Well, I am glad he didn't turn out to be a sore loser. And what's this?! Curly snugging them both... Now, that's lovely! :lapras::love:

Damn, Mimikyu's one angry Pokémon today, and for obvious reason... Wonder if we'll learn about its sheer hatred for Pikachu one day. (y)

Team Rocket's motto Pika-motto was pretty fire today, huh... :LOL:

Oof... Mimikyu has caught all but two Pikachu with its Let's Snuggle Forever... That's pretty bad! :eek: And, huh?! I didn't know Trainers needed to remain in their pose for the Z-Move to be effective at full power; that IS something new on me. :unsure:(y)

Wait, Mimikyu's a Drifblim-wannabe now?! :lapras::LOL:

Catastropika's Z-Dance was so cute...:love: And yeah, the Z-Move was pretty awesome too. (y)

Now, now, Kiawe, teach the girl about love... There's nothing wrong there! ;):X3:

Attending to so many Pikachu sure must be a hassle. Damn, Pikala deserves praise there! (y)(y)

A fun, well-written episode. Pikachu's interaction with others of its species, especially Curly, was pretty cute to watch. 9.5/10.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom