• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP01: Lillier and the Staff!

A nice start to the season. Really liked the theme song, with the Hawaiian chanting and drums. I just wish it was a little longer.

For the episode itself I'm just a little surprised they kept all those anime references in the dub (Megumi Hyashibara's roles and the Revolutionary Girl scene, specifically). Also hey, they dubbed the Eevee segments! And the Houndour retained its Japanese voice, too!

Last edited:
For the episode itself I'm just a little surprised they kept all those anime references in the dub (Megumi Hyashibara's roles and the Revolutionary Girl scene, specifically). Also hey, they dubbed the Eevee segments! And the Houndour retained its Japanese voice, too!

Slight disappointment at Houndour keeping its Japanese voice, did they give the shorts a title?

I'll have to wait for a site to release a dubbed video

You know, I'm kinda confused the WTP of this episode featured Tapu Fini despite the fact it doesn't appear in the episode itself, but Lana was dressed like Tapu Fini, so I guess that isn't so bad.

As for the cast for this ep:

Sarah Natochenny- Ash
Laurie Hymes - Lillie
Jessica Paquet (Rebecca Soler) - Mallow
Rosie Reyes - Lana, Anela
Marc Swint - Kiawe
Rodger Parsons - Narrator

Additional Voices:
Tamir Cousins Ali - Rango
Rebecca Becker - Mimo
Sam Black
Roger Callagy - Rotom Pokedex
Carter Cathcart - James, Meowth
Emily Cramer - Sarah
Ryan William Downey - Sophocles's Father
Bobbi Hartley - Lusamine
Melissa Hope - Lana's Mother
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz - Jessie, Bewear
Michael Liscio Jr
Lisa Ortiz
Haven Paschall
Ben Phillips - Hobbes
Sean Reyes (Sean Kenin) - Abe
Carrie Savage - Sophocles's Mother
Lipica Shah - Sima
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson - Samson Oak

(Characters aren't credited, I added them in so it'll be easier to identify who's who)

Last edited:
Sarah Natochenny- Ash
Laurie Hymes - Lillie
Jessica Paquet (Rebecca Soler) - Mallow
Rosie Reyes - Lana, Anela
Marc Swint - Kiawe
Rodger Parsons - Narrator

Additional Voices:
Tamir Cousins Ali - Rango
Rebecca Becker - Mimo
Sam Black - Marowak
Roger Callagy - Rotom Pokedex
Carter Cathcart - James, Meowth
Emily Cramer - Sarah
Ryan William Downey - Sophocles's Father
Bobbi Hartley - Lusamine
Melissa Hope - Lana's Mother
Emily Jenness - Snowy
Michele Knotz - Jessie, Bewear, Mimey
Michael Liscio Jr - Lycanroc
Lisa Ortiz - Torracat
Haven Paschall
Ben Phillips - Hobbes
Sean Reyes (Sean Kenin) - Abe
Carrie Savage - Sophocles's Mother
Lipica Shah - Sima
Erica Schroeder - Wobbuffet
Marc Thompson - Samson Oak, Turtonator

Filled in several characters, wonder who Haven Paschall voiced, someone from the Eevee short maybe

The who's that Pokémon segment is komala

Edit: it's tapu fini

Theme song is decent enough, though whoever the guy is who is insisting on only 30 second openings desperately needs to be fired and replaced by somebody who wants them to be at least a minute in length.

Theme song is decent enough, though whoever the guy is who is insisting on only 30 second openings desperately needs to be fired and replaced by somebody who wants them to be at least a minute in length.
That "guy" is basically most television networks. Openings longer than 30 seconds don't really happen anymore. Cartoon Network practices this, and so does Disney XD. That likely won't change unless TPCi switches over to streaming only, and even then, they themselves would to have to desire longer openings.

That "guy" is basically most television networks. Openings longer than 30 seconds don't really happen anymore. Cartoon Network practices this, and so does Disney XD. That likely won't change unless TPCi switches over to streaming only, and even then, they themselves would to have to desire longer openings.
If there's more than one television network executive who needs firing then so be it. Alternatively just make 60 second intros that can easily be cut down to 30 seconds, using the 60 second one for DVDs, streaming services and not garbage networks that still allow for real intros. Call me old fashioned but I don't like my theme songs to be over just when they're starting to get going.

Interesting to note that Rebecca Becker is credited as Rebecca Becker again, the last few episodes saw her credited as Simona Bermen

This episode was crazy but not as bad as I thought it would be, Michele Knotz as Jessie has nothing on Megumi Hayashibara

Wonder if Haven Paschall reads out the Where are you going, Eevee hence the credit, or maybe she voices Eevee

Melissa Hope isn't bad as Lana's mother

Interesting to note that Rebecca Becker is credited as Rebecca Becker again, the last few episodes saw her credited as Simona Bermen

This episode was crazy but not as bad as I thought it would be, Michele Knotz as Jessie has nothing on Megumi Hayashibara

Wonder if Haven Paschall reads out the Where are you going, Eevee hence the credit, or maybe she voices Eevee

Melissa Hope isn't bad as Lana's mother
Yeah. Can you add Jessie and Ash's classmates reading WTP to the trivia?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom