• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP06: Working My Way Back to Mew!

Reaction score
Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo
Tara Jayne Sands

Sam Black
Emily Jenness
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Michelle Ruff
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

This was probably the dullest episode of the new series thus far. It does set up Goh's goal, but they just didn't make it all that exciting. I'm not the biggest fan of Goh's catching sprees, and the dub doesn't really change that fact. I did cringe when his phone made the "nice!" comment, but at least it wasn't quite as screechy or noticeable as it is in the original. Hopefully they keep limiting that in future episodes.

It's still frustrating when Ash tells Goh to battle a Pokemon to weaken it and Goh just...doesn't listen. Not exclusively a dub problem, just a general complaint.

One of the biggest highlights of the episode was hearing Megan Hollingshead back as Nurse Joy. That was very exciting!

This was probably the dullest episode of the new series thus far. It does set up Goh's goal, but they just didn't make it all that exciting. I'm not the biggest fan of Goh's catching sprees, and the dub doesn't really change that fact. I did cringe when his phone made the "nice!" comment, but at least it wasn't quite as screechy or noticeable as it is in the original. Hopefully they keep limiting that in future episodes.

It's still frustrating when Ash tells Goh to battle a Pokemon to weaken it and Goh just...doesn't listen. Not exclusively a dub problem, just a general complaint.

One of the biggest highlights of the episode was hearing Megan Hollingshead back as Nurse Joy. That was very exciting!

In the future when pokemon does become stronger, I really hope he has to battle them before catching, which makes more sense.. cause then that will show us how much growth he will have as a trainer.

This series is setting big potential to be one of the best ever especially bringing back alot of the old voice actors again! Wish dawn, serena, brock and the rest could make a small appearance as well.

Definitely the weakest episode so far. "Gou finding a more plausible goal in life and tries to catch all the Bug type Pokémon* in Kanto" sounds fine on paper but man was this episode boring to watch. Quality over quantity needed to be in force here, we really didn't need to see Gou catch every single one without much else going on. A montage was sorely needed or else just focus on Scyther entirely, the repetition nearly put me to sleep. I did chuckle when Chloe calls out Gou for changing his goals only for Gou to try and cover it up by using the "Mew has all the DNAs" as an excuse. Gou playing with his new Pokémon in his room was cute except for Pinsir looking like he was trying to eat him.

Overall a very subpar episode. Would skip in a rewatch.

* I'm assuming that's in reference to Satoshi Tajiri saying the idea of Pokémon came from his childhood hobby of bug collecting. But intentional or not, I like seeing a focus on Bug types.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom