• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP16: Memories in the Mist!

That was... actually really well dubbed. Better than I expected. My hat's off to the dubbing theme for maintaining the emotional impact of this scene.
Thanks, Kevin, really do appreciate it.

Dub seems pretty good, with Jessica Paquet knocking it out of the park with her performance. The music is nice and fitting as well. Now they just have to release it on a platform that doesn't partake in region-locking.

We're unable to complete your order. Your payment method was not charged. The billing address on your payment method must be a valid address in the United States. If you are paying with a credit card, your credit card must be issued from a bank in the United States. If you have any questions, please contact Amazon Customer Service.
Thanks, Amazon.

Were it not airing on TV here on the 14th I would be considerably more upset. Throughout the entirety of human history there has genuinely never been an invention more abhorrent than region/geolocking.

Haven't posted a review in a while, but I had to do for this one. The dub really knocked it out of the park here.

Mallow's VA did a fantastic job! I thought the emotion was so perfect; it wasn't overdone, and was just heartwrenching enough to really get to you without being overkill. I definitely teared up during the scenes with her mother.

I was worried how the dub would handle the topic of death, because we've seen how that's gone before, but I feel like they did a nice job. It was clear to me what was going on; they even dropped a few "passed on" and the likes of that, which I was pleasantly surprised by.

This was the best episode of the Poni arc so far for me. It hasn't been a poor arc by any means, but this is a truly great episode for the show as a whole. Just excellently acted, dubbed, etc.

Gotta hand it to TPCI for once. They actually handled the issue of death pretty well (y) (why they couldn't have handled it this good in the Pokemon Tower episode of Origins I'll never know).

Likewise, Rebecca actually have a decent performance, at least were it mattered. Usually the TPCI VAs are just going through the motions (poorly), but it's nice when someone steps up for a change. :D

There should’ve been no doubt how Rebecca Soler would handle the emotion of this episode, based on her past performances. Mallow is a character in the anime with well-developed emotional range. As long as the dub handled this episode's writing properly, she was going to nail it.

1. What friends and family? I didn't see any of those.
  2. The flowers aren't in bloom yet. It wasn't taken away from anything.

tumblr_pmq8yyJgxr1tornnko1_540.gif

How often have we seen a lone shaymin?

Having finally had the chance to watch the episode in full I would just like to reiterate how well Rebecca Soler did on her performance here. It can be rare to find a voice actor or actress who can record a crying scene and sound like they're actually crying rather than just making crying noises. Much like Reina Ueda managed it in her version I'm extremely pleased that Rebecca Soler was equally capable of pulling it off. Even the scene with Mallow and Lana was exquisitely dubbed, you could really feel that Mallow was on the verge of tears while she explained her past to Lana.

I'm not sure who voiced Mallow's mother, but she did an excellent job of selling that she was a loving mother. You could genuinely hear the kindness in her voice throughout her time onscreen.

I'm not sure who voiced Mallow's mother, but she did an excellent job of selling that she was a loving mother. You could genuinely hear the kindness in her voice throughout her time onscreen.

According to KevinC, Sara Ornelas (who previously voiced Yansu (Horacio's brother) voices Mallow's mother

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom