• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP23: The Dealer of Destruction!

WTP is Trubbish

Cast List:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Ryan Andes
Jo Armeniox
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Emily Cramer
Samantha Cooper
Ryan William Downey
Abe Goldfarb
Brittney Lee Hamilton
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Riley Joseph
Marisa Kennedy
Michele Knotz
Michael Liscio Jr.
Evan Maltby
Michael McMillan
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
Ben Phillips
Lori Phillips
Mark Schaffer
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson
Allen Winter

The Voice acting was just fine, but the music was very underwhelming.
Yeah sadly TPCi is too greedy to spend some of their billions to get a deal done with the Japanese rights holders despite them promising to use the Japanese music more often back when the whole voice actor switch happened.

Yeah sadly TPCi is too greedy to spend some of their billions to get a deal done with the Japanese rights holders despite them promising to use the Japanese music more often back when the whole voice actor switch happened.

I don't think it's about saving money... I'm pretty sure replacing Japanese music is about making money. See, the English dub is the only dub that sources the original with all other foreign dubs sourcing the English. As a result, they have to pay for music rights (because none of those studios can make their own music) so the more music DuArt replaces means more of those sweet sweet dollars.

Going back to the episode, I will give the dub this... it does a good job with Pokemon voices at the moment. Golisopod (which is being added to the list of Pokemon whose name I was mispronouncing) sounds far more threatening than in the original.

Going back to the episode, I will give the dub this... it does a good job with Pokemon voices at the moment. Golisopod (which is being added to the list of Pokemon whose name I was mispronouncing) sounds far more threatening than in the original.

Ryan William Downey certainly did a good job making Golisopod sound menacing, compare that to his Wimpod voice which fitted the name as a wimp

WTP is Trubbish
Read by the classmates.

I don't think it's about saving money... I'm pretty sure replacing Japanese music is about making money. See, the English dub is the only dub that sources the original with all other foreign dubs sourcing the English. As a result, they have to pay for music rights (because none of those studios can make their own music) so the more music DuArt replaces means more of those sweet sweet dollars.
...Huh. That's interesting. Never thought about it like that.

Well now I finally know how to say Golisopod. You would think I would be capable of reading, but I thought it was Golsiopod for nearly 3 years now. Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened, but the dub covered Vivillon a lot sooner than nearly 3 years in at least....

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom