• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP34: Pikachu's Exciting Adventure!

Is Brett actually credited like that, cause that’s kinda funny?

And another FUNi guest too... though Brett hasn’t done much for the company as of recently.

I wonder who reads WTP for this episode. I have a feeling Narrator is reading it or Ash reads it by himself even though he's reading the title card for this episode unlike the narrator in the original.

I'm not going to deny, that episode was almost unbearable to watch at times

This episode just wasn't needed, they could have used it for proper league training or even finding Mohn but no, what happened whilst Ash and Torracat were away

The title is so misleading, more like Pikachu's Boring Adventure!

Whooo errr, I almost forgot it's this episode is it?

Hooo boy, this is easily the lowest point of the entire Sun & Moon series and even the whole of the anime series and that's really saying something.

Whooo errr, I almost forgot it's this episode is it?

Hooo boy, this is easily the lowest point of the entire Sun & Moon series and even the whole of the anime series and that's really saying something.

Definitely one of the worst episodes we've ever had, I only watched it as a loyal fan

I am trying to be positive, I was hoping for an episode focusing more on the Pokemon then the humans which this episode gave, just wish it had a better plot
Yeah. I watched this episode and it's really boring. Also, Ash's Pikachu, Lycanroc, Rowlet, Meltan and Garchomp are reading WTP for this episode and they are all voiced by the narrator himself, adding "That's me!" for Garchomp revealing itself.

Seriously, what is wrong with Rotom's english voice? He's already a terrible character without it, no need to make it worser.
It weird to see Clefairy caring for all those Meltan, knowing that...
...they're all gonna die and Clefairy will never see them again.
I guess Ash's Alola team other than Torracat are terrible idiots, including Pikachu.

This is an episode I was interested in seeing in the dub. I mainly wanted to hear the voices they gave Ash's Pokemon. It was pretty much as expected. I love that they gave the bird a voice perfectly befitting of an idiotic dolt like him. I also did like the part during Who's That Pokemon where Garchomp said "that's me". That was cute. Anyway since my thoughts are basically the same is when I watched the original version, I'll just paste my thoughts from there.

Nothing really came out of Pikachu and crew's 'journey'. Most of it ended up being a bunch of goofing off and gags (which isn't at all surprising, but still pretty annoying) as opposed to seriously looking for Ash, which was my biggest issue.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this kind of scenario would seem fitting if say, all of Ash's Pokemon were asleep and he went off to the store without their knowledge, then they woke up and saw he was gone, and went off to look for him. But Ash straight up VANISHED INTO THIN AIR, and the Pokemon's responses seemed more like he was just casually missing. The wolf mutt and Meltan were literally playing around in the snow when they were supposed to be focused on finding their master after he literally could have vanished off the face of the planet. All of them went crazy trying to kill each other to eat a damn berry, instead of LOOKING FOR ASH. Like really? Ya'll ain't that hungry that it should be worth sacrificing looking for your departed trainer. If it was the other way around, I highly doubt Ash stop for anything in the midst of looking for his Pokemon. Even the conversation with Clebfable...like maybe it's just me, but I would expect Pikachu to not be asking about the Meltan and instead be like "Alright, no time to talk, we need to find Ash now! Send in the Garchomp!" C'mon bruh, why are you standing around talking to Clefable when Ash could be in danger? The only real emotion we got was at the end when Pikachu teared up upon seeing Ash. But sorry, one scene at the end doesn't cut it. To me this episode only made it seem like Ash's Pokemon don't really care as much about him as one would think. But hey, I'm sure kids will find it funny so my opinion is basically irrelevant. :p

Overall, I feel like this episode really made Ash's Pokemon seem out of character. 2/10.

This is one of the episodes that I've always wanted to see in dub. The dub of this episode was decent imo. Pikachu and the others sound decent to alright and some Pokemon that they encountered sounded out of place or not really that good to me. Also the Who's Thay Pokemon segment when Garchomp said "That's me" was pretty cute and put a smile to my face. Overall the English Dub was alright for this episode.

Overall Rating: C+

Last edited:
I enjoyed the touch of Garchomp saying ''That's me!'' during Who's that Pokemon?

Gives you an idea that when they say their name, that is what they say

One thing I liked with the voices was Lycanroc's Good Grief towards Rowlet

That was... odd.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this kind of scenario would seem fitting if say, all of Ash's Pokemon were asleep and he went off to the store without their knowledge, then they woke up and saw he was gone, and went off to look for him. But Ash straight up VANISHED INTO THIN AIR, and the Pokemon's responses seemed more like he was just casually missing.
I'm sure he and Torracat just suddenly ran to the Pokémon School or something. ¯\(ツ)

Also, Ash's Pikachu, Lycanroc, Rowlet, Meltan and Garchomp
My closed captioning just said "Pikachu VO/ Lycanroc (Dusk Form) VO/ Rowlet VO")...? (And it sounds to me like Pikachu and Rowlet themselves and Lycanroc's VO; if Meltan's there, VO or not, CCed or not, I can't seem to catch it.) Though it also missed Garchomp's "That's me!"

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom