• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review S22 EP47: Enter the Champion!

I'm not really that active these days, sorry
Reaction score
WTP is Chansey

Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Ben Burgess
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Neo Cihi
James Weaver Clark
Abe Goldfarb
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Riley Joseph
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Mike Liscio
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Scottie Ray
Erica Schroeder

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting this

The presence of Ryan Nicolls basically confirms that he voices Zoroark, hopefully he'll be able to confirm it next week

Reaction score
From what I've seen, the official Pokemon twitter have been hyping the Disney XD premiere of the episode to death, having made various tweets about Ash's previous league achievements, including a special Pokemon TV playlist.

Reaction score
I bet it's just me but even as somebody who only ever pays attention to the VA's involved nowadays...

there's just something that feels incredibly off with the scene of Ash winning.

I can't tell if it's the music or the weird script change where Ash just asks Gladion what happened instead of him asking if he had won but the scene doesn't feel as grand or sensational as it did in the Japanese original.

Last edited:
Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
I bet it's just me but even as somebody who only ever pays attention to the VA's involved nowadays...

there's just something that feels incredibly off with the scene of Ash winning.

I can't tell if it's the music or the weird script change where Ash just asks Gladion what happened instead of him asking if he had one but the scene doesn't feel as grand or sensational as it did in the Japanese original.
Unfortunately, that doesn't come off as a surprise to me at all. The dub quality has been going downhill for years now.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Just finished watching the episode at last

Great work from Eddy Lee and Sarah Natochenny but Mike Liscio has to be the best this episode as the two Lycanroc

A tweet from Sarah Natochenny for tomorrow

View: https://twitter.com/sarahnatochenny/status/1218208856125427712

Saturday. 9am EST. Disney XD will air what may be the biggest episode in Pokémon history. Join me and my cast mates so we can cheer for Ash together! #voiceofash #alolaleague JOIN US here: Twitch And AMA here: Join the Sarah Natochenny Fan Club! Discord Server!

Last edited:
My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the dubbed version of this episode since it first aired, and for me, it didn't disappoint. I thought the voice acting here was very good. I didn't mind the change in Ash's line; I thought the way it was delivered really made it sound like he was in disbelief, so to me the change in words didn't really make a difference.

The battle itself was really great; I can tell a battle is good when it keeps my attention, lol. It was cool because I knew Ash was going to win, but I was still convinced he was going to lose for most of it. It was super entertaining and the Z move vs. Z move part was especially awesome.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
I took part in the live stream where Sarah Natochenny, Mike Liscio, Laurie Hymes, Ryan Nicolls and Eddy Lee were watching the episode alongside Lisa Ortiz through skype, I made a joke at the end when Guzzlord appeared saying

''Marc Swint must be annoyed at Kiawe losing but he didn't have to interrupt the closing ceremony''
In case anyone is wondering, Marc Swint voices Guzzlord hence the joke of Marc Swint interrupting the ceremony.

Lisa Ortiz certainly found it hilarious
''hahahahhaha right? Kiawe! MARC SWINT! GOTTA INTERRUPT AWARDS????''

22 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
This must've been such a fun episode to do. Everyone was hype to see Ash win this league and just the way it happened was pretty cool not gonna lie. Told my friends about this and they were like "Really?!" because unsurprisingly they haven't seen the show since the end of XYZ. The looks on their faces and the fact that I was the only one that watched all SM episodes up til now, easily the best Saturday I had in years. Ash winning an official league and even the actors talking about this on Twitter, this is why I watch the show people, this is why I'm even still here. The support going around is crazy and I love every second of this! Though even I have to keep reminding myself that yeah, SM is ending and that this new series that's airing in Japan is going to come here Stateside but, Can we just bask in this moment please?

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
This must've been such a fun episode to do. Everyone was hype to see Ash win this league and just the way it happened was pretty cool not gonna lie. Told my friends about this and they were like "Really?!" because unsurprisingly they haven't seen the show since the end of XYZ. The looks on their faces and the fact that I was the only one that watched all SM episodes up til now, easily the best Saturday I had in years. Ash winning an official league and even the actors talking about this on Twitter, this is why I watch the show people, this is why I'm even still here. The support going around is crazy and I love every second of this! Though even I have to keep reminding myself that yeah, SM is ending and that this new series that's airing in Japan is going to come here Stateside but, Can we just bask in this moment please?
And the best part is, even more glorious moments are still coming! Ash vs Kukui is one epic moment after the other, and the final episode is so full of feels.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Ze/Zem/Zir
Sarah on Twitter said:
Disney XD will air what may be the biggest episode in Pokémon history
I'm sorry, just the fact they still hyped up this episode as some kind of life defining moment for Ash when all he got for winning was another trophy and the right to challenge Kukui in an official match makes me giggle. Then there's the fact that this episode's contents were already spoiled months ago to almost every Pokemon anime fan including dub viewers, so there was not much of a surprise factor left.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Then there's the fact that this episode's contents were already spoiled months ago to almost every Pokemon anime fan including dub viewers, so there was not much of a surprise factor left.
In fact, when the Pokemon Twitter tested other's knowledge of final Pokemon League battles in each region no one knew that this was to promote the Alola League victory.

Reaction score
Guess I don't use the Twitters much/enough to know what you're talking about, let alone to be spoiled by it, but from what I can tell, I wouldn't have known had I not seen a certain unspoilered post in a thread here about the new (Sw&Sh) opening (I think). ._.

Closed captions say WTP was read by Ash & classmates again.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
I'm feeling surprised right now, Delia actually mentioned Ash's father

First time since the second ever episode this happened

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Good point there, plus its similar to dialogue used in EP002

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Was it in the original though? I don't recall hearing it, seems like one of those dub only things whose canonicity is doubtful.
Hmm... Upon watching Delia's post-battle lines, neither of them actually contain that quote.