• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP01: Enter Pikachu!

THEORY:
So, about the opening theme song. Yeah, it's STILL 30 seconds, but maybe outside of the US (and Japan, China, Korea, and Thailand, but I can't really count that). I feel like this is probably because Pokemon is still airing on traditional networks over there such as Teletoon in Canada, there are restrictions imposed by the networks there, so they are forced to use gimped version. Since in America it is going to Netflix, I still have high hopes that they might use a longer version (probably at least a minute) because streaming services usually have little to no restrictions against them. In addition, if people don't want to wait for the intro, there is always a "skip intro" button. I'll come back to update you on that once it's released here, but of course, if Netflix uses the 30 second version, well.... that "skip intro" button might be useful.

Glad to hear that DuArt is gone and replaced with another dubbing studio. I wish the Iyuno Media Group well with Pokemon, and hope that there isn't too much edits. I heard that that its also being handled by another company so I also wish them well.

Also glad that the who's that pokemon is almost exactly like the original, though at the cost of cheating (I never look at the WTP before an actual episode is released in the US, but I got too excited lol). Heard that the music is replaced as usual, but I don't really care.

Last edited:
Finally got to watch the full episode now that it's out in the US! Netflix is definitely going to take some time to get used to (I don't want to watch all of the new episodes at once...I'm going to aim for one a week, although today I watched the first two since that's how they usually air on TV) but there are plenty of other things I like so far about the new series.

Ash as a 6 year old sounded so cute; Sarah Natochenny did a great job with that! I think Delia sounded a lot more solid as well. Chloe and Goh sounded adorable as well, although Goh actually didn't sound a whole lot different than he does in present day. I would've liked him to sound a bit younger.

Pichu is my favorite Pokemon, so I loved getting to see so much of it here, especially considering it was our Pikachu as a baby! I'm still a little annoyed this episode didn't answer any of my actual questions about Pikachu's past, though, like how he and Professor Oak crossed paths, why he hates being in a poke ball so much, and why he started off as so disobedient and stubborn, since his personality as a Pichu wasn't anything like that.

Still not sure if this was the best way to start a series, but it's a cute episode none the less.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom