• ME explores a new city and takes on the local Gym. Can he defeat the Gym Leader, Candice? Watch here to find out.
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Review S23 EP04: Settling the Scorbunny!

Future VA
Reaction score
WTP is Scorbunny

They somehow made it so all 4 episodes have the same credits (so the cast doesn't change) so I can't give you one for this episode yet

Last edited:
Reaction score
They somehow made it so all 4 episodes have the same credits (so the cast doesn't change) so I can't give you one for this episode yet
I can confirm this is the same for the POP airing so alas we won't know who was in the episode until Teletoon airs it.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
Sounded to me like the Scorbunny and Nickit were voiced by a female actress

I'm a male Mew and Sobble fan
Reaction score
I just finished watching a clip of what Scorbunny's English voice sounds like on Twitter and I can without a doubt say that I prefer it's Japanese voice. It's not bad, but something about this voice just isn't clicking with me. Well, not right away at least. Maybe it'll get better over time or I'll just learn to accept it.

Reaction score
Cast -

Sarah Natochenny - Ash
Zeno Robinson - Gou
Michele Knotz - Mimey
Ray Chase - Cerise

Additional Voices -
Justin Anselmi
H.D. Quinn (Tyler Bunch) - Shopkeeper
Laurie Hymes - Nickit?
Emily Jenness (Emily Bauer) - Nickit?
Ted Lewis
Billy Kametz
Michelle Ruff
Erica Schroeder - Gou’s Rotom Phone
Billy Bob Thompson - Customer, Train Station Man?

James Carter Cathcart, Cherami Leigh, Casey Mongillo and Tara Sands are also credited for whatever reason though they are not seen or heard in the episode.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Among others, it's really nice seeing Ted Lewis' name show up so frequently in these early episodes.

21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
OK, so our very 1st Galar EP and it was fine. Not a lot happened other than encountering Scorbunny/some Nickit, learning of the Dynamax phenomenon and setting up some foreshadowing around Magnolia. I liked her character in the games, so I'm curious how the anime will portray her as. Good to see actors like Tyler Bunch, Ted Lewis and Billy Bob Thompson be doing more roles for this of course. I'll give this one an 7.5/10.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
I'm curious to see who voices Scorbunny and the Nickit trio

I liked the friendship between the gang, hope we see more of the Nickit trio

Reaction score
I thought its air every saturday on teletoon! And for those of you who cant watch it, I can send you all the episode file and i stream it on my youtube channel and discord: Emiya Hilson

Reaction score
I thought its air every saturday on teletoon! And for those of you who cant watch it, I can send you all the episode file and i stream it on my youtube channel and discord: Emiya Hilson
There’s no new episode this week. Episode 5 airs next week but after that it’s going off on another break before coming back on June 27th.

Also it’s not exactly ideal to link illegal files for episodes on this site either.

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to it unfortunately gotta wait until next week. Well for those who cant watch it, can join my discord and Ill send you all the safe file. just trying to help everyone being able to watch it

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
I absolutely loved this episode! It had just the right amount of humor and seriousness, as well as some preview of what's to come.

The dub really knocked it out of the park with this one, I think. Ash in particular sounded really great. I love when he gets to be a little goofier and show off that side of his personality; Sarah always does a great job with those accompanying lines and tends to get a decent amount of laughs out of me. Goh still sounds great as well, and I think Scorbunny's English voice is quite cute and reminds me of its Japanese voice, which is nice.

I do wish that the dub would indicate which specific city Ash and Goh are in, however. I knew it was Wyndon from watching the original, but there's no way I would've known without having watched that. Not only do they not make any kind of mention of where they are, but they made the largest city in the region look relatively generic. The double decker buses and train station were nice touches, but that doesn't really make it clear that it's Wyndon.

Reaction score
I absolutely loved this episode! It had just the right amount of humor and seriousness, as well as some preview of what's to come.

The dub really knocked it out of the park with this one, I think. Ash in particular sounded really great. I love when he gets to be a little goofier and show off that side of his personality; Sarah always does a great job with those accompanying lines and tends to get a decent amount of laughs out of me. Goh still sounds great as well, and I think Scorbunny's English voice is quite cute and reminds me of its Japanese voice, which is nice.

I do wish that the dub would indicate which specific city Ash and Goh are in, however. I knew it was Wyndon from watching the original, but there's no way I would've known without having watched that. Not only do they not make any kind of mention of where they are, but they made the largest city in the region look relatively generic. The double decker buses and train station were nice touches, but that doesn't really make it clear that it's Wyndon.
Awesome review that you have written, i personally feel the english voice actors are great quality in this anime, each character has their own distinct voice and personality. Have you watched all 12 episodes yet or still slowly watching them? I really wish netflix didnt upload all 12 episodes at once, and do a weekly upload instead..

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
Awesome review that you have written, i personally feel the english voice actors are great quality in this anime, each character has their own distinct voice and personality. Have you watched all 12 episodes yet or still slowly watching them? I really wish netflix didnt upload all 12 episodes at once, and do a weekly upload instead..
Thanks! I agree that the VAs have really been crushing it so far this series.

I also totally agree with you on the way Netflix has chosen to upload the episodes; I'm not a big binge watcher to begin with, but I was worried about going through the episodes too quickly and then having to wait a while for the next batch. So I've been watching one episode a week (usually on Saturdays, so it feels like when they were on TV, lol). I was worried I'd be tempted to stray from that with all the episodes just sitting there, but so far so good!