• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP14: Raid Battle in the Ruins!

Reaction score
Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
Michele Knotz
Rodger Parsons
Casey Mongillo
Tara Jayne Sands

Sam Black
Tyler Bunch
Kyle Hebert
Emily Jenness
Bill Rogers
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Alejandro Saab
Erica Schroeder
Sean Schemmel
Marc Thompson

Hebert and Saab are here so I'm wondering if Saab voices Karabari and Hebert is the group leader.

Discovered a dub edit: when Kira explains how she realized someone was inside Cofagrigus, the fantasy of Cofagrigus having a person placed inside is edited to not include said body or Cofagrigus's body opening up, only showing Cofagrigus's arms/legs bending downwards. The sound effects of Cofagrigus opening and closing still remain, though.

Pretty decent episode. As someone who loves archaeology, a ruins episode always gets me excited. Solid plot and solid COTD characters, also seeing the Raid Battle was also very cool. Overall an entertaining episode that I enjoyed despite being a standalone episode.

By the by, with so many "ancient civilisations" in the Pokémon world. I guess GF could always try going back in time for a game if they ever run out of ideas for Regions. :ROFLMAO:

There were only two noticeable problems I had with this episode. The first (and more minor one) being that whilst I enjoyed the colourful cast of characters who showed up, having both a Ranger and a Shiny Hunter did feel underused and could have easily gotten their own episodes each, which wouldn't have bothered me if this was an older series where they had a higher chance of showing up again but I fear this being Journeys they probably won't. The much bigger issue was that there was some really strange pacing in this episode. Between the episode opening in Unova, the capture of Darmanitan and the ending where they find the golden chamber only to hard cut back to the Lab - it was all very strange. :unsure:

Another episode I didn't watch subbed, so the dub was my first experience with this one.

It was just okay. I agree that the pacing of the episode was super off; I didn't really like how much it jumped around. And I would've liked to see a bit more of Unova, even though I know the episode's main focus was the ruins.

Dragonite is so cute! I love how he pouted when Ash recalled him to his poke ball, lol. It was also nice to see Goh battle with a Pokemon other than Scorbunny, even though I had problems with the battle itself.

I was afraid the COTDs would be kind of obnoxious, but I thought they were fine with the exception of the group leader...his gag just wasn't funny and actually got really annoying by like the third time he did it. I actually like the concept of a shiny hunter in the anime and would've preferred to see Shane utilized in an episode that focused exclusively on shiny Pokemon. Kind of felt like a wasted opportunity here.

As for the raid battle...not really my favorite thing to watch. I just find them to be really chaotic and not that interesting to watch. I'm hoping for some better ones in the future, because this one definitely didn't keep my attention.

So-so episode overall. Pacing and a mediocre battle definitely hurt this one a lot.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom