• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review S23 EP17: Kicking It From Here Into Tomorrow!

Pkmndub

See ya
Reaction score
Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Rodger Parsons
Cherami Leigh
Casey Mongillo
Tara Jayne Sands

Kyle Hebert
Laurie Hymes
Roger Callagy
Lisa Ortiz
Erica Schroeder

BigDocFan

Super Cute and Powerful
Reaction score
Lisa Ortiz has confirmed to me that she is the voice of Chewtle

I found Goh to be rather annoying this episode as I did in the original version

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
I enjoyed this episode a lot more than I thought I would. Darmantian and Scorbunny having a faux p***ing contest with their fire type moves was funny. Chloe's sass towards Ash's noises when helping Scorbunny was fire. Gou being innocently insensitive when telling Scorbunny he shouldn't bother with Ember was cringe inducing (in a good way!) and his complete blanking on what a phone booth was had me face palming alongside Meowth. Nice to see Chewtle again with his deadpan expression. Wow, Team Rocket were quite the punching bag this episode, blasting off twice in one go. Scorbunny's unusual usage of Ember by the end clearly foreshadowing his transformation into Cinderace. Speaking of, RIP to the cute Scorbunny who is now the edgey teenager Raboot, hopefully this character arc will be better handled than Charmander -> Charizard.

Last edited:

Islander Princess

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
I remember complaining when this episode first aired in Japan that it did Goh absolutely no favors. The same goes for the dub, although I don't know how much that would've changed, honestly. Goh's lines were definitely snobbish and bratty, as they were in the original. This was just an absolutely terrible episode for his character overall. I felt so bad for Scorbunny the whole time.

Team Rocket were the highlights of this episode, quite honestly. I love how they dubbed the game they were playing and think they also did an excellent job dubbing the "this is a phone booth" scene. Chewtle is adorable, I want to see more of it! First good thing to come out of that awful machine.

Ash also had some cute/funny lines, even though they're beating the "make silly noises to try and explain things" gag into the ground. Chloe being done with Goh and Ash's nonsense was also perfect. I just adore her dub voice, she sounds so tired of it all the time.

I also still don't like how early the evolution was, or how anticlimactic it felt. That's a big letdown. This is also one of the times where I really missed the "to be continued" tag at the end, because I feel like the episode ended kind of abruptly/awkwardly and having that would've helped the transition to the credits.

Pretty good episode overall, save for the pathetic job at portraying Goh and any growth he's gotten up to this point and the rush job evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.