• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP26: Splash, Dash, and Smash for the Crown! / Slowking's Crowning!

Ah, so this is the first of the dreaded "two-halves-ers" eh? Let's see how bad it gets...

That Magikarp section wasn't too painful and was just the right amounts of wacky-funny. I did love hearing the Dubbed Magikarp Song towards the end and did get a chuckle out of both Magikarp going into outer space and Ash breaking the fourth wall at the end.

The Slowking section though...dear god no. When people complained "where are the British accents" for the anime they didn't mean for Ash & Gou!!! :sick:

I didn't find this section very funny at all and the sheer amount of repeated animation was very noticeable. The only good part of this half was James shutting the door in the face of Matt McMuscles.

Very much a game of two halves (literally) when it came to my enjoyment of this episode.

Last edited:
So Kasuking, a character who was voiced and also modeled after a real world Japanese person, gets his name changed to...Matt McMuscles??? Wut?

So Kasuking, a character who was voiced and also modeled after a real world Japanese person, gets his name changed to...Matt McMuscles??? Wut?
No it didn't Dogasu, he's joking. His name in the dub is Kasukarp
Sorry lads, my hearing isn't what it used to be so I couldn't catch what they called the bodybuilding man hence the joke name so that people knew who I was talking about. :cry:

Sorry lads, my hearing isn't what it used to be so I couldn't catch what they called the bodybuilding man hence the joke name so that people knew who I was talking about. :cry:
As someone who has worked with Matt McMuscles... this is hilarious.

Colour me surprised the dub actually used the Magikarp and Slowpoke insert songs. I honestly didn't think they would!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom