• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Review S23 EP38: Restore and Renew!

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The episode is now out in the UK. Please keep any spoilers hidden.

Magmar the Great
Reaction score
Credited actors for this episode

Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo
Tara Jayne Sands

Justin Anselmi
Laurie Hymes
Lori Phillips
HD Quinn
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Reaction score
That was a good episode. Chloe got some nice development which was sorely needed. My favourite type of Pokémon - the fossils got lots of screentime and Gou captured Aerodactyl with Golurk instead of the usual Raboot/Sobble combo.

One thing that did bother me though was Ash once again not having his full team on him when he was being double teamed by Team Rocket. Forced drama was forced.

Reaction score
I believe it's still Sean Schemmel voicing the Excavation Leader but (in classic Journeys dub fashion) he goes uncredited.

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
Chloe is such a sweetheart. This was a brilliant episode for her and her development. She had so many great faces and reactions.

This was also a good episode for Goh. Love that it showed him actively bonding with one his new captures.

Ash was just kind of there. Didn't add much to the episode, unfortunately.

I maintain my opinion from the original airing of this episode that the Excavation Leader has got to be one of the worst, most annoying recurring in the fashion of Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny characters the anime has ever introduced. Jessie mocking him literally made me snort.