• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review S23 EP39: Octo-Gridlock at the Gym!

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
The episode is now out in the UK. Please keep all the spoilers hidden.

Reaction score
*DAN GREEN INTENSIFIES*

Overall a decent episode. Glad to see Bea again so soon and they didn't drag out this revenge match. A bit weird that Ash gets a notification of Bea's exact whereabouts so he can battle her...kinda implies there's major privacy problems in the PWT. Also you having to be in the same Class to battle someone is a bit strange as if you were at the top of the Hyper Class, how would you go about getting into the Master Eight without challenging them?

Anyways, the battle itself was fine outside of the return of Bea's ridiculous hand movements - like girl, can you stand still for five seconds! Interesting that they chose to end it out with a draw, if Riolu had beaten Grapplock then I would've groaned. It was nice to see Chuck (and Bayleaf flashback) after so long, though I did feel he was a bit wasted here. Lastly, I am glad they salvaged Bea's character after all the problems I had with her depiction in the previous episode. Her smile at the end was glorious.

Reaction score
I just love hearing Dan Green's voice again. I can't remember the last time he's had a role in the Pokemon anime. Was it his legendary portrayal of Byron?
Black and White was the last major time we heard him and it was also when Michal Friedman (his wife) passed away too in 2011 so he had to take care of the baby twins that got born around that point. He then mostly did audiobook stuff but alas he soon came back voiceover wise for the Yu-Gi-Oh: Dark Side of Dimensions movie. A few years later and the day has finally arrived where he comes back to Pokemon and he still sounds just as great as ever.

Last edited: