• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP39: Octo-Gridlock at the Gym!

I just love hearing Dan Green's voice again. I can't remember the last time he's had a role in the Pokemon anime. Was it his legendary portrayal of Byron?
I'm sorry, but I have to do this...
byron_loves_defense_by_lizakon_d2pflnh-fullview.jpg

*DAN GREEN INTENSIFIES*

Overall a decent episode. Glad to see Bea again so soon and they didn't drag out this revenge match. A bit weird that Ash gets a notification of Bea's exact whereabouts so he can battle her...kinda implies there's major privacy problems in the PWT. Also you having to be in the same Class to battle someone is a bit strange as if you were at the top of the Hyper Class, how would you go about getting into the Master Eight without challenging them?

Anyways, the battle itself was fine outside of the return of Bea's ridiculous hand movements - like girl, can you stand still for five seconds! Interesting that they chose to end it out with a draw, if Riolu had beaten Grapplock then I would've groaned. It was nice to see Chuck (and Bayleaf flashback) after so long, though I did feel he was a bit wasted here. Lastly, I am glad they salvaged Bea's character after all the problems I had with her depiction in the previous episode. Her smile at the end was glorious.

I just love hearing Dan Green's voice again. I can't remember the last time he's had a role in the Pokemon anime. Was it his legendary portrayal of Byron?
Black and White was the last major time we heard him and it was also when Michal Friedman (his wife) passed away too in 2011 so he had to take care of the baby twins that got born around that point. He then mostly did audiobook stuff but alas he soon came back voiceover wise for the Yu-Gi-Oh: Dark Side of Dimensions movie. A few years later and the day has finally arrived where he comes back to Pokemon and he still sounds just as great as ever.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom