• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP40: A Crackling Raid Battle!

Cast -

Sarah Natochenny - Ash Ketchum
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - James/Meowth
Michele Knotz - Jessie
Cherami Leigh - Chloe
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise
Casey Mongillo - Raboot
Tara Jayne Sands - Yamper

Additional Voices -
Laurie Hymes - Pelipper
Billy Kametz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder - Wobbuffet/Goh's Rotom Phone

A decent episode. I don't mind Legendary Pokémon appearing so long as they're treated right and I felt this episode did just enough with the mystery surrounding Zapdos as well as just how powerful it was depicted. It really does bother me that Ash knew he was going to look for Zapdos and yet only packed Pikachu as his only party member.

Be still my heart, an episode that I actually liked TRio's appearance in? I guess miracles do indeed happen. Saddened that we didn't see the fight between them and Ash solo. Definitely the weakest part of this episode was that a little too much was crammed into it. This could have easily been stretched into a two-parter with some tweaks and would have been better for it. But sadly Journeys seems deathly afraid of any kind of plot longer than a single episode.

Ultimately glad that nobody caught Zapdos. Hell, outside of being winded by Raboot's new Blaze Kick it barely seemed fazed by anything and just peaced out after everyone else ran out of stamina. Gou made a lot of improvements but he just isn't ready yet to catch a Legendary methinks.

did Ash's Rotom Phone speak?
If you meant Gou's Rotom Phone then yes.

It really does bother me that Ash knew he was going to look for Zapdos and yet only packed Pikachu as his only party member.
Granted, out of all of Ash's current Pokemon, Pikachu is the only Pokemon that he has caught this series at this point that resists Electric. Why he didn't call on Torterra or Krookadile is beyond me.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom