• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

I double checked Disney XD's On Demand section and they uploaded more Pokemon episodes. Granted, they're reruns from season one, but they're available until October. This might not confirm anything, but it does make me more sure that Disney XD is keeping the series. There wouldn't be much of a point to uploading new episodes in their Pokemon section if they were only going to have the rights to air it for another couple of months.

Because Netflix is known for how unaltared their anime adaptations were...
GlitterForce09.jpg
Do we know for sure that they have the final say in deciding the title for a series that actually belongs to a different company (since in the above example, Saban is the one who adapted the series and Netflix was just the platform for it to be available on exclusively)?

Do we know for sure that they have the final say in deciding the title (since in the above example, Saban is the one who adapted the series and was only released on Netflix as an exclusive)?
You can say the same thing for Disney, they're not the ones who's adapting it. A change from Disney to Netflix wouldn't change anything.

You can say the same thing for Disney, they're not the ones who's adapting it. A change from Disney to Netflix wouldn't change anything.
I was just questioning the implication that it was Netflix's fault that it was titled Glitter Force. As for censorship, while it may not change anything, it does give TPCi options to let things be uncensored since Netflix has a wide range of audience demographics but XD is without a doubt fairly limited.

As for Pokemon, logically it should be TPCi's decision. The thing that Netlix might have a say in could be some of the dubbing choices. Things like accessibility of multiple audio tracks or maybe music. Maybe if they offer to pay some amount to retain original music and not let TPCi's cost-saving tactics become an issue. Purely an assumption on my part.

Netflix did have some control with international dubbing with M22, we saw some languages like Thailand use a different "Netflix partner" studio instead of their usual Studio 7. Or India and Arabic using their "Netflix Partner" SDI Media
Oh, I didn't know this was already dubbed in Hindi. Neat! I hope they do more simultaneous releases esp if Netflix is involved.

Netflix did have some control with international dubbing with M22, we saw some languages like Thailand use a different "Netflix partner" studio instead of their usual Studio 7. Or India and Arabic using their "Netflix Partner" SDI Media
East asian countries are not a part of TPCI's adaptation though, no?

The Chinese dub at least still used the normal names, but for Thai/Vietnamese/Chinese they dubbed the English songs, etc. I'm not familiar enough with the languages to say anything about the script itself though.

The script is based on the Japanese version, but the subtitles are based on the English version.

Well blow me down. Looks like the new series won't be airing first on CITV but rather POP! instead. They're a channel owned by Sony and have been airing Pokémon stuff since 2018.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1253341049814040578?s=20

Downside is we have to wait for 3 months meaning we will be the most behind of the bunch.
1587655574528.png

Attachments

• 1587655574937.png
    1587655574937.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 58
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom