• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

I almost feel like TPCi is actively working to make the products they put out as unappealing as possible. If you're the average fan and you have the choice between weekly fansubs of episodes available (albeit illegally) almost as soon as they air in Japan, or an edited English dub that only comes out once every few months, which are you going to choose?

Interestingly enough, that's pretty similar to how I feel about how Konami Cross Media handles the Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs. Why wait a year or two the see the newest series in English when I can watch subs now? It's made worse when the dub is pretty much a series behind Japan at this point too. TPCI dub isn't the best quality of course, but waiting three months for new episodes isn't really that bad. Plus, fans can just watch one episode a week if they really wanted to.

Dogasu said:
Well I already explained why, and then got told I was being rude and condescending for doing so :censored:

(you've since clarified what you mean in subsequent posts, so I do get what you were going for now)

That's because you were being rude and condescending. If you weren't sure what I meant, then I think that there were better ways to go about it than assume that I meant that legal subs would be a nice bonus or extra treat and jump on my case about it.

Dogasu said:
That's a real shame. Like, I know you want to support the cast and other creatives who work on the show, but the way it's being released is making it so much harder than it honestly should be.

And I'm sure you've gotten a bunch of people coming up to you over the last year or so asking "So when does the next batch come out? And how many episodes?" Remembering that one new episode comes out every Saturday morning is easy, but how many people see having to go "OK, so the last batch came out in December, so the next one will be March-ish? Maybe? And I guess it'll have 12 episodes?" as being the better option?

I'm not sure if it would be that hard to remember when the newest episodes come out, but I also check Serebii daily and they always announce when the next batch of episodes are set to come out about a month in advance. It might be more difficult for more casual fans to keep track of it though.

JN038: Restore and Renew!
Airs on March 2 (POP UK)
"A visit to the Pewter Museum of Science sets our heroes on an ancient and thrilling adventure!"
Source: Radio Times/Virgin Media

JN039: Octo-Gridlock at the Gym!
Airs on March 3 (POP UK)
"Our heroes head to the Johto region so Ash can have a rematch with Bea!"
Source: Virgin Media

JN038: Restore and Renew!
Airs on March 2 (POP UK)
"A visit to the Pewter Museum of Science sets our heroes on an ancient and thrilling adventure!"
Source: Radio Times/Virgin Media

JN039: Octo-Gridlock at the Gym!
Airs on March 3 (POP UK)
"Our heroes head to the Johto region so Ash can have a rematch with Bea!"
Octo-Gridlock???

Hidden Mew said:
That's because you were being rude and condescending.

I have been nothing but respectful toward you and yet you're still repeating these same claims over and over. You're trying to paint me as some kind of bully when that is simply not true.

I can see that you have absolutely no intention of ever budging on this so let's just agree to disagree.

I will not be responding to this any further.

I have been nothing but respectful toward you and yet you're still repeating these same claims over and over. You're trying to paint me as some kind of bully when that is simply not true.

I can see that you have absolutely no intention of ever budging on this so let's just agree to disagree.

I will not be responding to this any further.

For the record, my intent was not to paint you as a bully, so for what it's worth, I do apologize for that. The tone of your initial reaction did come off as rude or bit too confrontational since I was ultimately agreeing with you on the subject of legal subs. That might not have been your intent, but it did upset me a lot where you were seemingly arguing with me over something with agreed with just because of my wording, especially when I couldn't and still don't see the problem with my original statement. I kept repeating myself because I was trying to make it clear that your response was upsetting to me.

A small tweak has been made to episode 37's dub title:

"The New Old Gang of Mine!" -> "That New Old Gang of Mine!"
They made it worse.
JN040: A Crackling Raid Battle!
Airs on March 4 (POP UK)
"Our heroes are hot on the trail of a legendary Pokémon and the answer to a mystery!"
Crackling? Electrocuting would be better.

Wow, the title for the Alola episode is bad. So many better options and they go with that? Sometimes they should really just stay away from the song titles and puns and go with something that's more fitting.

The other revealed titles so far are much better. There's actually something I really like about Restore and Renew in particular.

Oh man, are we going to really need to hear Lillie's awful dub voice again? I'd rather skip that scene of her. That's probably the worst dub voice in Pokemon Dub History.
Best thing you could say is that at least it'll only be for a few minutes as opposed to watching the voice decline for three whole seasons.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom