• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

It’s weird that for how large of a property Pokemon is, it keeps becoming more exclusive. First it was on a basic channel with WB, then shifted to basic cable with CN, then more exclusive cable with Disney XD and now a subscription based streaming platform with Netflix. It seems that as time goes on, it becomes less accessible.

If anything the series just became more accessible on Netflix compared to Disney XD. Just think of how many things Netflix has had just in the last few years that became absolutely huge. Stranger Things, Orange Is The New Black, House Of Cards, Bird Box, Fuller House, Making A Murderer... and very recently Tiger King. And from what I noticed Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution trended big time when it was released. So that bodes very well for Pokemon Journeys getting a very good viewership on Netflix.

Also Netflix is working on that live action One Piece series which reportedly will be the most expensive series that Netflix has done to date. That fully explains why Netflix is adding the One Piece anime on June 12th with the first two seasons.

Then I guess we will need to start looking at the Teletoon schedules to get the episode names initially, until Netflix puts up some placeholders.
Based on past pacing, it currently looks like Teletoon/Canadian TV listings should reveal about 3/4 of the episode titles before Netflix because...

So it's gonna air first here in Canada? Unless Netflix makes it available before of course.
...based on past pacing, Teletoon should air about half of the episodes before Netflix.

Whensiton has the title "Pikachu is Born!" for the first episode, but both the summary and title are very similar to what IMDB has, so I'm not confident in it being the actual dub title. Canadian TV listings should update soon enough though.
A predictable and fitting title, whether it'll be the actual dub title or not.

So we should have the 1st 5 episodes shown off on Teletoon from May 9th to June 6th. Then Netflix comes in and shows off episodes 6-12 and so on, so forth. Plus knowing them I wouldn't be surprised if that was the actual title, given how they choose to be more like the JP titles recently.

Surprisingly EP1 is called "Enter Pikachu", reminds me of how they did BW's 2nd title with "Enter Iris And Axew". 2 being called "Legend? GO! Friends GO!", I can already hear people groaning at using name too much, but it's an unusual title for the dub, so i'll give em points for it. 3 called "Ivysaur's Mysterious Tower" definitely reminds me of S01's Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden so that sounded like a cool callback. Lastly 4 being called "Settling the Scorbunny", nice and punny, that's all I can say.

S23 E1 will be called "Enter Pikachu!" according to POP UK's website
According to POP UK's website

S23 Ep2: Legend? Go! Friends? Go!
S23 Ep3: Ivysaur's Mysterious Tower
S23 Ep4: Settling the Scorbunny!
So, like I asked above, I take these are valid titles for Bulbapedia? Because a couple of people, including admin Blazingfist, have started adding them there.

And so it begins another 3 years of untranslatable puns... Ep2 sounds weird and so does Ep1, but at least it's not a lie unlike "Pikachu is born".

Looking forward to seeing the opening in 8 days.

I can't help but notice that Ivysaur's Mysterious Tower! is similar to Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden!

No doubt based on the Japanese name that Bulbasaur and Ivysaur have regarding mysterious

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom