• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

I wouldn't be shocked if some kind of deal was made to allow the first four episodes to air on both Teletoon and POP TV as they probably made deals to air the series before the Netflix deal was done for America. That would still leave at least eight episodes as exclusive premieres to Netflix come June 12th.

I have a feeling some wrangling was done by Netflix to keep episodes past episode 4 from getting aired internationally until after they debut on Netflix.

I don't know about that. It would obviously be beneficial for Netflix since more episodes would premiere on their platform and would make more people willing to sign up for an account to watch it. But would they have that kind of power? I don't think that they could limit how many episodes premiere in another country like that.

Turns out the 2nd batch shall be released for Anniversary Month (Which is the month My Singing Monsters was released. It will turn 8 this month).

I wouldn’t be too fussed, since it really isn’t a big deal for an episode batch to come at 9/11. It’s just an anime series, and the date isn’t as sentimental to a portion of the globe.

Speaking as someone from NY, it's not weird that it's releasing on 9/11. A lot of things get released or happen on 9/11; no one around here really gets offended by this unless it would be directly making light of the occasion (which a drop of Pokemon episodes obviously wouldn't be doing).

Personally, I always feel weird on the date, but I have no problem with other things going on. I'm looking forward to finally being able to watch the next bunch of episodes, even though I still have two left in the original batch!

I'm very surprised that not only they had no problems to dub this batch but also that they apparently dubbed the postponed 2 episodes on time.

I think I know why it is that way: I checked on Bulbapedia, and the first episodes of each stream are exactly 208 days apart from each other.

I doubt it, I think it has to do more with both batches premiering the second Friday of the month. Your theory would mean the third batch would air on January 11th breaking Netflix' "every 3 months" promise.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that they were able to get the next batch of episodes ready for September too. I thought that it might be delayed, especially when I assume that the LA and New York voice actors are all recording from their homes at this point, and that would have been completely understandable. At best, I figured that they would have the episodes ready by late September instead. I'm glad that the episodes will be ready available sooner than I expected. I just hope that the dub cast and production crew are working safely since I don't think that they'll be able to record normally anytime soon.

Well... The Young And The Restless just resumed new episodes on CBS this week. So I'm assuming any VA work has been safely done given something like Y&R is back in production and airing.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom