• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

S23: Pokemon the Series: ??? Episode Dub Title Thread

Future VA
Reaction score
  • Staff
Time to speculate and have some fun for the new generation!

What do you think it'll be called?
When do you think it'll air?
Who'll voice Go? Will he be given a dub name?

What we know so far (to be updated):

Production started in November.
Narrator Rodger Parsons, still going strong at 76, will be in the new season.
Ed Goldfarb will be working on the new season.
Unrelated but is called Pocket Monsters W in Korea.

21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
I'm predicting we'll get titles for this series in March after SM is finished or April like what some have been saying.

Reaction score
I think the title will be something around the likes of Pokémon World or Pokémon World Tour. Pokémon Go The Series sounds kinda misleading and Pokémon the Series: Let's Go would be outdated but I don't rule them out.

Reaction score
As long as the new series has the word World in it, it'll work. Wondering about how the theme song will be long like. Considering that Goldfarb is coming back, maybe he can give us a song like Be A Hero from the XY series or a song that encompasses the Pokemon world itself given this new direction for the anime.

Reaction score
Why not April? Pokemon has never started it's new season on that month. I'm thinking Specifically on the 11th/Easter weekend.

Administrator
Reaction score
I definitely like the World Tour title idea. It would fit a lot more than calling it Pokemon Go or Let's Go. I know a lot of fans think that the new series is promoting more of Pokemon Go, but I think calling the new series that in the dub would give kids a different impression. Let's Go would have a similar problem given that the series isn't promoting the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee games and the games aren't marketing relevant anymore either, even though they are still selling pretty well all things considered. Plus, I can refer to the series as WT instead of PM, which still doesn't feel as natural to me as I thought it would. Either that or I'm still getting used to it.

For some reason, I keep expecting them to keep Gou's name in the dub, but that might be due to how it's only one syllable. Chase would be a nice nod to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee though, so I'd be fine with that. I wonder what Koharu's dub name will be. I could see Disney XD taking a bit of time off between the end of SM and the start of PM, but hopefully it won't be too long. Part of it would also depend on how many episodes TPCI has ready to air by the time the SM dub finale airs.

Reaction score
I definitely like the World Tour title idea. It would fit a lot more than calling it Pokemon Go or Let's Go. I know a lot of fans think that the new series is promoting more of Pokemon Go, but I think calling the new series that in the dub would give kids a different impression. Let's Go would have a similar problem given that the series isn't promoting the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee games and the games aren't marketing relevant anymore either, even though they are still selling pretty well all things considered. Plus, I can refer to the series as WT instead of PM, which still doesn't feel as natural to me as I thought it would. Either that or I'm still getting used to it.

For some reason, I keep expecting them to keep Gou's name in the dub, but that might be due to how it's only one syllable. Chase would be a nice nod to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee though, so I'd be fine with that. I wonder what Koharu's dub name will be. I could see Disney XD taking a bit of time off between the end of SM and the start of PM, but hopefully it won't be too long. Part of it would also depend on how many episodes TPCI has ready to air by the time the SM dub finale airs.
That's why I'm thinking they should the new series by April because then they could take advantage of the 4-day easter weekend break and I'm pretty sure they would want viewers to be given some time to rest after this pretty big SM finale coming up to then be ready for what's coming afteerwards.

The Coolest Eeveelution
Reaction score
Part of it would also depend on how many episodes TPCI has ready to air by the time the SM dub finale airs.
Well, they did apparently start the production a couple months ago already, in November, if I recall correctly. By the time SM finishes airing in the States, I think it will have been about three months from that.

Future VA
Reaction score
I'm expecting a May release date in the US with Teletoon airing it like 2 weeks early

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that Gou will get a dub name to avoid confusion between his name and the word "go" being said in a sentence.

Reaction score
I think that Gou will get a dub name to avoid confusion between his name and the word "go" being said in a sentence.
So I guess his name could be Gordon? Don't know any other male names that start with "Go". Might be confusing since we have Gordie in Galar.

Reaction score
I wonder what the dub names for Prof. Sakuragi and Koharu could be? Maybe they would rename Koharu to "Sakura" or "Cherry"...? It's funny to think about :LOL:

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
So I guess his name could be Gordon? Don't know any other male names that start with "Go". Might be confusing since we have Gordie in Galar.
Some have speculated that he will be named "Chase" instead, which is also the name of the male PC in LGPE.

Prepare for over-used stock animation!
Reaction score
Pokémon the Series: Let’s Go is my guess for the name— ties in to LGPE and the mobile game. I could also see it being Pokémon the Series: World Tour but I find that less likely.

‘Chase’ as a dub name for Gou also seems totally plausible but I can see TPCI pulling a TPCI and naming him ‘Goh’ just for the hell of it.