• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S23: Pokemon Journeys: The Series Episode Dub Title Thread (and Reflections)

Reaction score
Time to speculate and have some fun for the new generation!

What do you think it'll be called?
When do you think it'll air?
Who'll voice Go? Will he be given a dub name?

What we know so far (to be updated):

Production started in November.
Narrator Rodger Parsons, still going strong at 76, will be in the new season.
Ed Goldfarb will be working on the new season.
Unrelated but is called Pocket Monsters W in Korea.

As long as the new series has the word World in it, it'll work. Wondering about how the theme song will be long like. Considering that Goldfarb is coming back, maybe he can give us a song like Be A Hero from the XY series or a song that encompasses the Pokemon world itself given this new direction for the anime.

I definitely like the World Tour title idea. It would fit a lot more than calling it Pokemon Go or Let's Go. I know a lot of fans think that the new series is promoting more of Pokemon Go, but I think calling the new series that in the dub would give kids a different impression. Let's Go would have a similar problem given that the series isn't promoting the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee games and the games aren't marketing relevant anymore either, even though they are still selling pretty well all things considered. Plus, I can refer to the series as WT instead of PM, which still doesn't feel as natural to me as I thought it would. Either that or I'm still getting used to it.

For some reason, I keep expecting them to keep Gou's name in the dub, but that might be due to how it's only one syllable. Chase would be a nice nod to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee though, so I'd be fine with that. I wonder what Koharu's dub name will be. I could see Disney XD taking a bit of time off between the end of SM and the start of PM, but hopefully it won't be too long. Part of it would also depend on how many episodes TPCI has ready to air by the time the SM dub finale airs.

I definitely like the World Tour title idea. It would fit a lot more than calling it Pokemon Go or Let's Go. I know a lot of fans think that the new series is promoting more of Pokemon Go, but I think calling the new series that in the dub would give kids a different impression. Let's Go would have a similar problem given that the series isn't promoting the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee games and the games aren't marketing relevant anymore either, even though they are still selling pretty well all things considered. Plus, I can refer to the series as WT instead of PM, which still doesn't feel as natural to me as I thought it would. Either that or I'm still getting used to it.

For some reason, I keep expecting them to keep Gou's name in the dub, but that might be due to how it's only one syllable. Chase would be a nice nod to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee though, so I'd be fine with that. I wonder what Koharu's dub name will be. I could see Disney XD taking a bit of time off between the end of SM and the start of PM, but hopefully it won't be too long. Part of it would also depend on how many episodes TPCI has ready to air by the time the SM dub finale airs.
That's why I'm thinking they should the new series by April because then they could take advantage of the 4-day easter weekend break and I'm pretty sure they would want viewers to be given some time to rest after this pretty big SM finale coming up to then be ready for what's coming afteerwards.

Part of it would also depend on how many episodes TPCI has ready to air by the time the SM dub finale airs.
Well, they did apparently start the production a couple months ago already, in November, if I recall correctly. By the time SM finishes airing in the States, I think it will have been about three months from that.

I think that Gou will get a dub name to avoid confusion between his name and the word "go" being said in a sentence.

So I guess his name could be Gordon? Don't know any other male names that start with "Go". Might be confusing since we have Gordie in Galar.

I wonder what the dub names for Prof. Sakuragi and Koharu could be? Maybe they would rename Koharu to "Sakura" or "Cherry"...? It's funny to think about :LOL:

So I guess his name could be Gordon? Don't know any other male names that start with "Go". Might be confusing since we have Gordie in Galar.
Some have speculated that he will be named "Chase" instead, which is also the name of the male PC in LGPE.

Pokémon the Series: Let’s Go is my guess for the name— ties in to LGPE and the mobile game. I could also see it being Pokémon the Series: World Tour but I find that less likely.

‘Chase’ as a dub name for Gou also seems totally plausible but I can see TPCI pulling a TPCI and naming him ‘Goh’ just for the hell of it.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom