• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S24 EP17: Thrash of the Titans!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The episode has aired on Teletoon.
Please keep future events in spoiler tags.

Cast -

Sarah Natochenny - Ash
Zeno Robinson - Goh
Cherami Leigh - Grookey
Michele Knotz
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Casey Mongillo

Additional Voices -

Billy Kametz - Ash's Rotom Phone
Jake Paque - Rotom Done
Mike Pollock - Drayden
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder - Goh's Rotom Phone
Sean Schemmel - Dracovish (uncredited)
Eileen Stevens - Iris
Marc Thompson (uncredited)

Last edited:
I was going to say Bill Rogers must have been Haxorus, but then I remembered Pansear and Panpour. Just goes to show how forgettable some of these Goh captures are, haha.
Both of them are Marc Thompson I believe (he went uncredited for some reason) so there is a possible chance that Bill is Haxorus.

Both of them are Marc Thompson I believe (he went uncredited for some reason) so there is a possible chance that Bill is Haxorus.
Huh, I see. Wouldn't be surprised if they were archive recordings since they're such small roles.

But would that leave enough speaking characters left for Michele Knotz and Casey Mongillo to both have actual roles in this episode?

I'm glad Eileen Stevens was able to reprise her role as Iris. For minute there, I was very certain she was going to re-casted.

I'm also surprised to hear that Emolga kept her original Japanese VA, since all the Pikaclones are now being dudded (Plusle, Minum, Deddene, etc).

Axew sounded a little off, which was to be expected since Kayzie Rogers no longer voices it. I'm assuming Michele Knotz voices it now since she's on the credits, or possibly Casey Mongillo.

I guess will have to wait a while until Netflix releases the episodes to get any confirmation from the VAs themselves.

Axew sounded a little off, which was to be expected since Kayzie Rogers no longer voices it. I'm assuming Michele Knotz voices it now since she's on the credits, or possibly Casey Mongillo.
I found a clip online and upon relistening, Axew definitely sounds like Michele Knotz to me.

Not sure about Casey Mongillo though. Did Cinderace have any background lines at the beginning?

I just watched the episode and the nostalgia Iris' voice brought hit me harder than a train. Very glad Eileen reprised her role for this episode, I hope characters like Dawn and Gary get their VA's back as well

I just watched the episode and the nostalgia Iris' voice brought hit me harder than a train. Very glad Eileen reprised her role for this episode, I hope characters like Dawn and Gary get their VA's back as well

Emily Bauer and Carter Cathcart (Dawn and Gary’s VA) are both still very active members of the Pokemon English dub. I’m 99% certain they will be reprising their roles. I’m curious as how Gary will sound when the episode airs, since he hasn’t appeared in over a decade. I’m not a fan of Cathcart’s James and Meowth, but I did enjoy his take on Gary (or maybe I’m just nostalgic lol).

I still can't believe Eileen Stevens has actually returned as Iris! This is so awesome, I'm so happy! It was great to hear Mike Pollock's Drayden again too!

Dub voices are able to pop around more these days, and if Netflix is partially paying for a E-Dub its even easier. If not....well there are a lot more advances in remote voice recording versus flying a guy around like in the older days.

Hence why Lisa Oritz can do stuff with Funimation and Pokemon, for example

Dub voices are able to pop around more these days, and if Netflix is partially paying for a E-Dub its even easier. If not....well there are a lot more advances in remote voice recording versus flying a guy around like in the older days.

Hence why Lisa Oritz can do stuff with Funimation and Pokemon, for example
I'm mostly surprised because Eileen seems to have mostly retired as a VA after leaving the anime! I knew that TPCi would ask her since I've always thought that they like to be consistent with voices so whenever it's possible they'll always try to get the original VA back if a character is returning, but I am surprised that Eileen said yes! And that's awesome!

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom