• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S24 EP27: A Midsummer's Night's Light!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The episode has aired on Teletoon in Canada. Please keep future events in spoiler tags.

Cast:

Sarah Natochenny - Ash Ketchum
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - James/Meowth
Michele Knotz - Jessie/Dawn's Piplup
Cherami Leigh - Chloe/Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise
Casey Mongillo - Chrysa/Cinderace
Tara Jayne Sands

Additional Voices -

Christian Banas - Team Rocket Grunt
Megan Hollingshead
Laurie Hymes
Emily Jenness - Dawn/Matori
Billy Kametz - Ren
Mike Pollock - Team Rocket Grunt
HD Quinn
Bill Rogers - Toxicroak/Bonsly
Erica Schroeder - Eevee
Marc Thompson
Philip Thompson

We know that Laurie Hymes is Pelipper, interesting that Sands and Hollingshead are credited

Marc Thompson is likely Dusknoir
Was Lunatone credited?

Don't think so. I think Lunatone may have been undubbed.

Is there anyone who has actually watched the episode for the first time? These dub review threads seem more and more just limited to identify who voiced who.
I occasionally do post impressions, but honestly I'm not really that invested in the actual series at the moment so I mainly watch to identify voice roles.

But yes, I've noticed that too and overall I think it's a product of a lot more people online simply opting to watch the Japanese version nowadays. And most of the people who still do watch the dub exclusively are probably waiting for the Netflix release.

But yes, I've noticed that too and overall I think it's a product of a lot more people online simply opting to watch the Japanese version nowadays.
With people openly talking about watching the "subs" (which are by default illegal, since as far as I know there isn't an official subbed Pocket Monsters anime), it's not that surprising after all that the english dub episodes don't get that attention. Also, Is Keyole TV still used?

With people openly talking about watching the "subs" (which are by default illegal, since as far as I know there isn't an official subbed Pocket Monsters anime), it's not that surprising after all that the english dub episodes don't get that attention.
Well, for people like me who live in the US, there isn't currently a legal way to watch the most recent dubbed episodes either, because they don't air on TV here anymore and Netflix insists on releasing the episodes in quarterly batches. So I'd say that's another factor.

Also, I'm not a mod but just a heads up: we can talk about episodes we didn't watch legally, but talking about the illegal methods themselves is against the rules here.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom