• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S24: Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

I'm worried they might not came on April or even May. Their plan for the final batch was publicly announced as March, but the month has gone by without any explanation for the delay or any release date confirmed. My theories are 1) It may be released alongside the Arceus special. 2) They might want to sync up with the Latin American release, who also moved to Netflix starting this season, and the releases have been controversial due to the dubbed episodes leaking months earlier via changing the audio on Netflix US. Batch two is releasing on April 22nd. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any explanation whatsoever.

It's kind of embarrassing that it took Netflix THIS long to finally release the last batch of episodes.
Yeah, it's more than a month from now, not to mention several weeks after Canada has already finished airing the entire season. On the plus side, the gap between the Japanese and American airing of JN076 is 286 days, while the gap for JN061 (the first episode of the previous batch) was 287 days. So, we can say they're slowly improving.

Yeah, it's more than a month from now, not to mention several weeks after Canada has already finished airing the entire season. On the plus side, the gap between the Japanese and American airing of JN076 is 286 days, while the gap for JN061 (the first episode of the previous batch) was 287 days. So, we can say they're slowly improving.
If you can even call that improving.

I don't even use Netflix to watch Journeys anymore (or anything for that matter,) and boy am I glad I don't if this is the level of care they're giving Journeys.

I feel this. Journeys is one of the only things I use Netflix for...and I only have it because my sister is the one who mainly uses it. If she wasn't, I absolutely would not pay for Netflix just to watch Pokémon.

To be honest, I haven't even finished the last batch of episodes. I rushed to watch the Iris and Gary episodes the day they released and then pretty much dropped it. I'm trying to catch up now that they announced the next batch of episodes, but there are just too many other things I'm interested in watching at the moment. This release schedule really destroyed my interest in the dub, quite frankly.

Admittedly, I've been slow at catching up with the dub as well. I don't think it's really due to the release schedule so much as I've just been watching other shows and wanting to put some distance with the series after dealing with backlash for so long. It was probably good for the latter since I enjoyed the Darkest Day arc a lot more than I expected, which might have been harder to do if I watched it once the set of episodes dropped.

That being said, I would not be against Netflix changing their release schedule for the dub, or their shows in general for that matter. I think that they'd need to shorten the gap between the U.S. and Japanese airings first, but afterwards, releasing one episode a week would be fine.

Between the ridiculous handling of S24 and recent subscription losses, I stand by what I have been saying for months and fully expect Netflix to pull out after S25. They had every opportunity to take full advantage of this partnership but absolutely squandered it. They allowed other countries to air episodes ahead of them, showed no interest in licensing more legacy content, and did the bare minimum to promote M23. I don't think any changes to their release schedule will make a difference at this point, especially now with the tanking numbers. Unless TPCi is willing to do whatever it takes to make the series too appealing to lose, I think the days are officially numbered.

Netflix has been in the news quite a bit recently (none of it positively, as others here have pointed out) but the piece that really caught my attention was how they've absolutely decimated their animation department over the past few days. I know Pokémon isn't an in house series for them (though they do love to tout it as a "Netflix Original" which is ridiculous), but it still makes me wonder how it might affect the series in the future. Netflix already hasn't been treating Pokémon well, and looking at how they've treated their own animation department and series, it's pretty clear they view animated series at the bottom of their totem pole.

I will definitely say as a Netflix subscriber, they do promote their live-action titles way more than their animated ones, to the point where I'm only just being reminded days later that a new Netflix cartoon series is out because nobody says anything about em.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom