• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S24: Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

Maybe this time they could drop the batch system and start releasing one episode per week. Personally I don't think it's a good idea to further divide the series by splitting seasons every 12 episodes.
I agree. The batch format might seem good in theory, but the months between each batch seem more likely to lose viewers than the traditional weekly format. Despite it's serious lacking in promotion, I at least credit Cartoon Network for remaining largely consistent in weekly showings and playing a great part in closing the dubbing gap.

I wonder what the theme song will be like. Hopefully we'll get another full version. It's still annoying for them to edit the theme songs into thirty seconds, but as long as we can still get a full version of the opening, then that would be better than nothing.

Season_24_logo.png

The logo is visually unbalanced. Why must you always do this to me, TPC

I was thinking about the fact that since Season 17 they started to add "The Series" subtitle to both individual seasons and complete series, which finally debuted in the dub, starting with Pokémon the Series: XY, which serves as the name the 17th season and at the same time refers to the 6th series of the english dub, despite being two different things. I know that "The Series" is referring to Pokémon rather than XY, but this creates confusion, something that is repeated with SM and JN but is avoided with DP and BW, since they were given dub series only retroactively.

I Miss Bionix has reported the titles for the following episodes, airing weekly beginning June 12 on Teletoon on Canada:
  • JN049: To Train, or Not to Train!
  • JN050: A Pinch of This, a Pinch of That!
  • JN051: Trials of a Budding Master!
  • JN052: How Are You Gonna Keep 'Em Off of the Farm?
(I haven't independently confirmed these titles, but I don't have any particular reason to doubt their veracity.)

I Miss Bionix has reported the titles for the following episodes, airing weekly beginning June 12 on Teletoon on Canada:
(I haven't independently confirmed these titles, but I don't have any particular reason to doubt their veracity.)
Those are lame titles

The title is fine, my only problem with it it's that "The series" should go before "Master Journeys", because the way it is it gives the impression that it will last more than one season.

I'm surprised that Netflix wasn't mentioned, maybe they're still negotiating the contracts. Either way a June release in the US doesn't seem likely.

Is it me or the first titles of a season usually suck more? I still can't get over "Mind-Boggling Dynamax", "Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!" or "Love strikes, Eevee yikes".

I'm surprised that Netflix wasn't mentioned, maybe they're still negotiating the contracts. Either way a June release in the US doesn't seem likely.
The only market a premiere date was revealed for was Canada, so this was almost surely coordinated with Corus/Teletoon so that they didn't inadvertently reveal the series before TPCi (like what happened for S22 and S23).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom