• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP01: The Spectral Express!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Allo allo allo again. The episode has aired on Teletoon in Canada. Please keep future events in spoiler tags.

1653756037339.png

Last edited:
Cast:

Sarah Natochenny - Ash Ketchum
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - Ninjask
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh - Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase

Additional Voices -

Ryan Bartley
Mike Liscio
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers - Absol
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson - Gengar

The new intro "With You" is performed by indie pop group EchoSmith. Not bad, but I'd like to hear a full version.

Last edited:
I think the episode is pretty good, it's nice to see Ash and Goh's other Pokemon again when we VERY rarely see them, and the Ghost train is a really fun concept. Though, I don't really like the new theme song that much, it feels like something that would play in an AMV rather than a pokemon song. And the footage they chose didn't really fit it. Otherwise, Season 25 is off to a good start!

Really good episode involving Alister's debut, comedy from Ash and his voice sounding weird and showing off Shedninja just like it's Pokedex description says it does. 1 thing I have to point is in the credits, seems this season doesn't have just music from Ed Goldfarb and Akil Gopal, but we got a new guy Geoff Li. He's a Canadian composer from my country, got the chance to speak with him yesterday and yeah very much a promising up and coming Pokemon composer we have here! Can't wait to see what else he brings.

I just don't understand why the Japanese side doesn't put there foot down and force the dubbers to keep the original music which I'm assuming is still video game remixes.

Ryan Bartley? She's the voice of Rei in the Netflix dub of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom