• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP24: Friends, Rivals, Lend Me Your Spirit!

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons

Additional Voices -

Stephen Fu
Abe Goldfarb
Jason Griffith
Barrett Leddy
Lisa Ortiz
H.D. Quinn (Tyler Bunch)
Sean Reyes (Sean Kenin)
Julian Rebolledo
Bill Rogers
Sean Schemmel (uncredited)
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

As mentioned in the dub page, you'll be pleased to know Julian Rebolledo reprises his role as Paul.

Last edited:
I won't lie; I'm a bit disappointed we didn't hear Paul say "pathetic" again in this episode. I understand that it's more accurate to his character to not include it, especially post-development (and him always saying "pathetic" was a dub quirk anyway; he had more varied insults in Japanese) but I wish they were able to fit it in somehow for nostalgia's sake.

Though I do love this episode, I have two small issues/questions, both regarding a Pokemon's voice. First, what was up with Bayleef? Why'd they suddenly decide to dub her voice now, after 20 years of having it undubbed? Second, was that James Carter Cathart voicing Paul's Garchomp? Because it sure sounded like it to me.

Though I do love this episode, I have two small issues/questions, both regarding a Pokemon's voice. First, what was up with Bayleef? Why'd they suddenly decide to dub her voice now, after 20 years of having it undubbed? Second, was that James Carter Cathart voicing Paul's Garchomp? Because it sure sounded like it to me.
For Bayleef, my best guess is that they dubbed her because she was in a crowd scene and they weren't able to get a clean rip of her Japanese voice. And while unconfirmed, Paul's Garchomp (and Ash's Gible, whose previous voice actor has left the series) are currently thought to be voiced by Stephen Fu since he's credited without a known role.

Hello, new one to the Forums. From reading the Journeys review threads, there seems to be a break in tradition of who's (implied to be) voicing whom since the episode 14 thread. Believe that @BulbaTCG did most a while back. Won't anybody else do these more often?

Voice Characterization

Sarah Natochenny - Ash, Delia, Staraptor
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - Professor Oak, Muk, Snorlax, Swellow, Turtwig, Torkoal, Palpitoad
Michele Knotz - Bulbasaur, Snivy
Cherami Leigh - Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator

Additional Voices

Stephen Fu - ???
Abe Goldfarb - Boldore
Jason Griffith - Scraggy
Barrett Leddy - Rotom Phone
Lisa Ortiz - Totodile, Oshawott
H.D. Quinn (Tyler Bunch) - Hawlucha
Sean Reyes (Sean Kenin) - ???
Julian Rebolledo - Paul
Bill Rogers - Lucario, Infernape, Electivire, Corphish, Quilava, Sceptile
Sean Schemmel (uncredited) - Dracovish
Erica Schroeder - Unfezant, Leavanny
Marc Thompson - Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Gliscor, Pignite, Krookodile, Noivern

For Bayleef, my best guess is that they dubbed her because she was in a crowd scene and they weren't able to get a clean rip of her Japanese voice.
Have you compared? Seems to sound like Horace's, so it's probably undubbed.

Hello, new one to the Forums. From reading the Journeys review threads, there seems to be a break in tradition of who's (implied to be) voicing whom since the episode 14 thread. Believe that @BulbaTCG did most a while back. Won't anybody else do these more often?

Voice Characterization

Sarah Natochenny - Ash, Delia, Staraptor
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - Professor Oak, Muk, Snorlax, Swellow, Turtwig, Torkoal, Palpitoad
Michele Knotz - Bulbasaur, Snivy
Cherami Leigh - Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator

Additional Voices

Stephen Fu - ???
Abe Goldfarb - Boldore
Jason Griffith - Scraggy
Barrett Leddy - Rotom Phone
Lisa Ortiz - Totodile, Oshawott
H.D. Quinn (Tyler Bunch) - Hawlucha
Sean Reyes (Sean Kenin) - ???
Julian Rebolledo - Paul
Bill Rogers - Lucario, Infernape, Electivire, Corphish, Quilava, Sceptile
Sean Schemmel (uncredited) - Dracovish
Erica Schroeder - Unfezant, Leavanny
Marc Thompson - Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Gliscor, Pignite, Krookodile, Noivern

I used to do it but decided not to as there were a few scenarios where I got certain VA's wrong.

PocketMonsters.net is probably the best source for English (and recent Japanese) voice actor information nowadays.

Yes, here's a comparison.

Shoot, typed "Turtwig" when it was supposed to be "Torterra"... the DP section of Pokémon TV was over my head for a short while.
I used to do it but decided not to as there were a few scenarios where I got certain VA's wrong.
PocketMonsters.net is probably the best source for English (and recent Japanese) voice actor information nowadays.
Good to know, will keep watch there then with every Ozzy release date, if the earliest. Name game seems officially over in here.
Original: 7 "Bay"s without significant pitch raises under cover of background music.
Dub: The third "Bay" is higher than the rest, no background music; three more "Bay"s heard after hugging Ash for a total of 10.
Noticed both, sense of relief; pardon my curiosity.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom