• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP38: Partners in Time!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The final part of Ash vs Leon, the final episode of the Masters Eight tournament plus the World Coronation Series/Pokémon World Championships as a whole and the grand showdown between Ash's Pikachu vs Leon's Charizard has aired on the Canadian version of Cartoon Network in Canada.

It's a pretty big major battle (and one that's very dear to me indeed) but make sure to still keep all spoiler related stuff in spoiler tags.

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Casey Mongillo

Additional Voices -

A.J. Beckles
Roger Callagy (Rob Morrison)
James Weaver Clark
Brittany Cox
Hayden Daviau
Stephen Fu
Vanessa Gardner (Vanessa Johannson)
Jason Griffith
Kyle Hebert
Megan Hollingshead
Emily Jenness (Emily Bauer)
Barrett Leddy
Xander Mobus
Mary O'Brady
Lisa Ortiz
H.D. Quinn (Tyler Bunch)
Bill Rogers
Alejandro Saab
Sean Schemmel (uncredited)
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

Last edited:
Was watching the scene where all of Ash's Pokemon are cheering for Pikachu, and it sounds like Pidgeot and Lapras kept their orginal Japanese voice. Which I'm pleasantly surprised to hear!

Especially because They will be returning in the upcoming 11 episode specials

They frickin did it! They played my song, 20/10 would play again! Seriously though, this episode RULED and congrats once again to Ash, Pikachu and Leon for a battle that most certainly deserves to be the greatest battle in anipoke history! Also, shoutout to the dubbing team for pulling everything out for this one! The voice acting perfect, dialogue really good, the MUSIC they never let me down and this episode is deserving of the praise! To think we still got 4 more episodes after this..... you so could've told me it ends here. Goh, it's all up to you now man.

Even if its not the original version, its still the song everyone wanted to hear and it did the job. Very few of us had hope we'd get it and we'd get some dull generic music that didn't match the scene.

I think it’s the same version of the song that they used for Movie 20. But I agree, I’ll take this version of the song anytime instead of some generic background music.

Why did anyone think they would use random background music for this scene? It was a given that the original theme song would be used, it just came down to whether it would be TPCi's remix or the original rendition.

A second congratulations to Master Ash and his Partner Pikachu; though the animators didn't have to go full-blown Dragon Ball (insert suffix here), Jojo, or Naruto for such the fiery-sparky spectacle.

At the time of typing this, hadn't yet checked the corresponding PocketMonsters.net episode entry:
Sarah Natochenny - Ash, Delia, Staraptor
Zeno Robinson - Talonflame
James Carter Cathcart - James, Meowth, Professor Oak, Muk, Swellow, Torkoal, Torterra, Palpitoad
Michele Knotz - Piplup, Jessie, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Mimey, Bayleef, Snivy
Cherami Leigh - Chloe
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Casey Mongillo - Cinderace

A.J. Beckles - Hop
Roger Callagy - Rowlet
James Weaver Clark - Melmetal
Brittany Cox - Sonia
Hayden Daviau - ???
Stephen Fu - ???
Vanessa Gardner - Diantha
Jason Griffith - Scraggy, Goodra
Kyle Hebert - Dan
Megan Hollingshead - Morpeko
Emily Jenness - Dawn, Cynthia
Barrett Leddy - Rotom Phone
Xander Mobus - Announcer
Mary O'Brady - Professor Magnolia
Lisa Ortiz - Totodile, Larvitar, Oshawott, Naganadel
H.D. Quinn - Hawlucha, Incineroar
Bill Rogers - Lucario, Quilava, Corphish, Sceptile, Infernape
Alejandro Saab - Leon
Sean Schemmel - Dracovish
Erica Schroeder - Eevee, Wobbuffet, Leavanny
Billy Bob Thompson - Greninja
Marc Thompson - Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Gliscor, Pignite, Krookodile, Noivern
Can hear the cries of Glalie and Boldore, but credits don't mention Sean Reyes or Abe Golfarb...

Oh my Arceus; THEY ACTUALLY DID IT! I was sure Goldfarb would ruin this moment by inserting some dull generic music that didn't fot the scene, but they ACTUALLY used the original dub theme!
I don't see how this is a moment to celebrate. this is a piece of music that TCPI owns. They don't have to pay anyone to use it. Goldfarb using this was a no brainer. Now, if they had of used the actual original theme during this sequence, then maybe that would be something worth celebrating.

A second congratulations to Master Ash and his Partner Pikachu; though the animators didn't have to go full-blown Dragon Ball (insert suffix here), Jojo, or Naruto for such the fiery-sparky spectacle.

At the time of typing this, hadn't yet checked the corresponding PocketMonsters.net episode entry:
James Carter Cathcart - James, Meowth, Professor Oak, Muk, Swellow, Torkoal, Torterra, Palpitoad
Cherami Leigh - Chloe

A.J. Beckles - Hop
Roger Callagy - Rowlet
Brittany Cox - Sonia
Hayden Daviau - ???
Stephen Fu - ???
Kyle Hebert - Dan
Xander Mobus - Announcer
Alejandro Saab - Leon

Great job for being able to match each character to it's corresponding VA on the credits! I was curious as to why Zeno Robinson was credited since Goh was absent in this episode. I wasn't aware he voiced Talonflame now.

I also would like to add that Emily Bauer (Emily Jenness) also voices Ambipom too.

Can hear the cries of Glalie and Boldore, but credits don't mention Sean Reyes or Abe Golfarb.

If I recall correctly, James Carter Cathcart has also provided the voice of Glalie in some episodes. So there's a possibility that he might've voiced it in this segment.

Last edited:
Can hear the cries of Glalie and Boldore, but credits don't mention Sean Reyes or Abe Golfarb...

If I recall correctly, James Carter Cathcart has also provided the voice of Glalie in some espisodes. So there's a possibility that he might've voiced it in this segment.
Bill Rogers has confirmed he also does Boldore, most likely if Goldfarb is unavailable for Pokemon

Is there confirmation that Bayleef is voiced by Michele Knotz? Just curious if anyone knows.

Cherami Leigh - Chloe

A.J. Beckles - Hop
Roger Callagy - Rowlet
Brittany Cox - Sonia
Hayden Daviau - ???
Stephen Fu - ???
Kyle Hebert - Dan
Xander Mobus - Announcer
Alejandro Saab - Leon
I didn’t hear Swellow or Staraptor among the Pokémon voices. I think I heard Gible in there, but I’m not sure about who voiced him

Back
Top Bottom