• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP42: This Could Be the Start of Something Big!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The final main episode of Journeys and our farewell to Goh, Chloe, Cerise and co has aired on Cartoon Network in Canada.

Voice Characterizations -

Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart (?: I say that because although James is listed, James and Meowth sound rather different which could mean there may be some VA's filling in for him)
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo
Tara Jayne Sands

Additional Voices -

Roger Callagy (Rob Morrison)
Megan Hollingshead
Barrett Leddy
Ted Lewis
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

Last edited:
The fill ins for JCC really tired to emulate his performances and you still thought it was off?

So it seems James and Meowth have been recast, which means JCC couldn't make it to the end of this season, and this is honestly upsetting (his cast credit is probably for archive voices for Pokemon he voices), I was hoping he would be able to finish the season but I'm guessing either Lisa Ortiz or his Doctors advised him to step away for the sake of his health which is completely understandable but still heartbreaking nonetheless... it's a real shame. At the very least he's still doing Script Adaptation.

So how did the dub handle the ending? Were scenes cut? Also does the dub still keep the to be continued text or not?

Last edited:
So how did the dub handle the ending? Were scenes cut? Also does the dub still keep the to be continued text or not?
for TV broadcast at least it cut most of the ending with the exception of the new scenes at the end (Ash meeting Butterfree, Goh meeting Misty etc) however this may be restored for the digital release so all hope is not lost and surprisingly the text for To Be Continued was kept!

Have yet to read the corresponding PocketMonsters.net database entry, but here are the speculative...
Sarah Natochenny - Ash
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - Snorlax, Dewgong
Michele Knotz - Jessie, Mimey, Oddish, Jigglypuff, Cherrim
Cherami Leigh - Chloe, Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise
Casey Mongillo - Chrysa, Cinderace
Tara Jayne Sands - Yamper

Roger Callagy - James:unsure:
Megan Hollingshead - Morpeko, Pidgeotto:unsure:
Barrett Leddy - Ren, Inteleon
Ted Lewis - Giovanni
Lisa Ortiz - Vaporeon
Bill Rogers - Lucario, Koffing, Wheezing, Weepinbell:unsure:, Scyther, Haunter, Gastly, Magnemite, Magneton, Abra
Erica Schroeder - Eevee, Wobbuffet
Billy Bob Thompson - Meowth:unsure:, Paras:unsure:
Marc Thompson - Geodude
Not a single word from Lugia, unlike in the original.
Sounds like James and Meowth were indeed recast. Whoever voiced them did a spot on impersonation of James Carter Cathcart's version of the characters.

My guess as for who the VA for James is, it would be Ted Lewis. I could've sworn I heard a hint of Giovanni in some of his lines. As for Meowth, my best guess would be Billy Bob Thompson.
Do you notice the comparison between this new James voice with SM's Rotom Pokédex? Thus my Roger assumption, if not, what/who else...

Did they replace James and Meowth's voice? They sound different. Hopefully for the remaining episodes, Eric Stuart will return as James!

Did they replace James and Meowth's voice? They sound different. Hopefully for the remaining episodes, Eric Stuart will return as James!
It sounds like they did replace Carter Cathcart, sadly his health isn't too good

As much as I would love to see Eric Stuart return as James, it seems highly unlikely

Koffing has one of the easiest voices to do yet Bill Rodgers is awful at it. BRING BACK MICHAEL HAIGNEY or reuse his voice clips.

Have yet to read the corresponding PocketMonsters.net database entry, but here are the speculative...
Sarah Natochenny - Ash
Zeno Robinson - Goh
James Carter Cathcart - Snorlax, Dewgong
Michele Knotz - Jessie, Mimey, Oddish, Jigglypuff, Cherrim
Cherami Leigh - Chloe, Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise
Casey Mongillo - Chrysa, Cinderace
Tara Jayne Sands - Yamper

Roger Callagy - James:unsure:
Megan Hollingshead - Morpeko, Pidgeotto:unsure:
Barrett Leddy - Ren, Inteleon
Ted Lewis - Giovanni
Lisa Ortiz - Vaporeon
Bill Rogers - Lucario, Koffing, Wheezing, Weepinbell:unsure:, Scyther, Haunter, Gastly, Magnemite, Magneton, Abra
Erica Schroeder - Eevee, Wobbuffet
Billy Bob Thompson - Meowth:unsure:, Paras:unsure:
Marc Thompson - Geodude
Not a single word from Lugia, unlike in the original.

Do you notice the comparison between this new James voice with SM's Rotom Pokédex? Thus my Roger assumption, if not, what/who else...
Why would Pidgeotto and Paras be dubbed? They’ve always kept the Japanese voice.

Kept its Japanese voice in the 4Kids Era throughout, didn’t it? I remember hearing Iwark a lot dubbed, especially Brock’s (Unsho Ishizuka).

Brock’s Steelix got dubbed over for the first time ever in the Arceus Chronicles dub, too, trivia.

Interestingly Steelix KEEPS it's Japanese voice in the most recent dub episode. So maybe there was something wrong with the audio file in the Arceus Chronicles as sometimes that does happen.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom