• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP43: The Road Most Traveled!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The dub is getting close to the end of the Ash and Pikachu era and thus begins the 11 episode Aim to be a Pokemon Master special which has aired on Cartoon Network in Canada.

Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags.

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
Michele Knotz
James Carter Cathcart (again James, Meowth and now Oak seem to have new VA's)
Rodger Parsons

Additional Voices -

Edward Bosco
Roger Callagy (Rob Morrison)
Megan Hollingshead
Mike Liscio
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson
Mick Wingert

Last edited:
I wonder if JCC voiced all of Gary's line and then stopped down or if Gary will have a new voice in the last ep?

I wonder if JCC voiced all of Gary's line and then stopped down or if Gary will have a new voice in the last ep?

I hope JCC was able to voice all of Gary’s lines. It would be sad to hear Gary have a new VA when he only has 1 last appearance to make, and only has a few lines to say in that episode .

The last human character that JCC voiced was Gary in the Project Mew 2-parter finale. So there’s a good possibility that he might’ve been able to record Gary’s last lines from episode 11 of MPM. But his health should be his #1 priority and I would totally understand he didn’t voice him. I really hope he makes a full recovery.

The dub is getting close to the end of the Ash and Pikachu era and thus begins the 11 episode Aim to be a Pokemon Master special which has aired on Cartoon Network in Canada.

Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags.

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
Michele Knotz
James Carter Cathcart (again James, Meowth and now Oak seem to have new VA's)
Rodger Parsons

Additional Voices -

Edward Bosco
Roger Callagy (Rob Morrison)
Megan Hollingshead
Mike Liscio
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson
Mick Wingert

From the this cast list I’m going to make the assumption that Roger Callagy is James’ new VA.

I’m surprised to not see Billy Bob Thompson on the cast list, I was for sure certain he voiced Meowth in the previous episode. So my guess for Mewoth’s new VA would have to be Roger Callagy again or Bill Rogers.

perfect opportunity for Stuart Zagnit. But no.

The execs at TPCI can find a hole and stay in it.

I would have loved to see Stuart Zagnit as Professor Oak again! It's a shame that he wasn't given the opportunity to reprise his role, especially when he has expressed interest in voicing him in the past, and apparently the higher ups at TPCi told him "no".

But at the same time, If he would've returned, he would've probably been forced to imitate JCCs version of Oak instead of the voice he originally developed for the character. I would've hate to see him do that as his voice was iconic.

I still so odd to see the old cat and new cast not having panels together at anime conventions.

I still so odd to see the old cat and new cast not having panels together at anime conventions.
If you got fired, why would you want to be around those who were told to copy YOUR work and then to top it all off, basically egged you on in public, told lies about what happened, and bragged about taking your job and insulting your work?

I could easily see them pulling that stunt. How insulting for him that would’ve been.
I would have loved to see Stuart Zagnit as Professor Oak again! It's a shame that he wasn't given the opportunity to reprise his role, especially when he has expressed interest in voicing him in the past, and apparently the higher ups at TPCi told him "no".

But at the same time, If he would've returned, he would've probably been forced to imitate JCCs version of Oak instead of the voice he originally developed for the character. I would've hate to see him do that as his voice was ic

perfect opportunity for Stuart Zagnit. But no.

The execs at TPCI can find a hole and stay in it.
it's possible he was asked but turned it down. Apparently when he joined BW to voice Cedric Juniper he asked to voice Oak but was told "no" which makes sense as Oak was voiced by JCC, so maybe that could have something to do with it.

If you got fired, why would you want to be around those who were told to copy YOUR work and then to top it all off, basically egged you on in public, told lies about what happened, and bragged about taking your job and insulting your work?
"insulting your work" huh? during the recast debacle Bill Rogers (who took over as Brock) expressed great respect for Eric Stuart - his predecessor and made it his mission to do the role justice. Similarly Sarah Natochenny was the same with Veronica Taylor, she has a lot of love and respect for her and in fact that made her really nervous when taking on the role, she knew she had a lot to live up to.

"insulting your work" huh? during the recast debacle Bill Rogers (who took over as Brock) expressed great respect for Eric Stuart - his predecessor and made it his mission to do the role justice. Similarly Sarah Natochenny was the same with Veronica Taylor, she has a lot of love and respect for her and in fact that made her really nervous when taking on the role, she knew she had a lot to live up to.
And to top it off both Zagnit and Cathcart are good friends with each other as well so there's that too.

Bill Rogers went on and flat out said lies about the 4Kids actors and their contracts or said they quit when that didn’t happen.

Catcart or Zoppi or whatever his name is, disparages Eric Stuart and Maddie Blaustien all the time. Michelle’s Knotz has had reprehensible conduct especially toward Rachael Lillis.

I have zero sympathy for them and their careers. They all need to be fired and experience what happened to the other actors. This is the time to correct a wrong and put Eric Stuart and Stuart Zagnit (and the others)back in roles they were unjustly fired for. In a perfect world, Veronica Taylor should be celebrated with the victory lap like Rica Matsumoto is. Instead we get reporters who know nothing from NPR interviewing Natchocheesy and acting like she was there from the beginning while posting photos of Ash in his OS outfit. Ridiculous and disgusting.

TPCI continues to act like scum and put out a garbage product. Par the course.

Last edited:
And to top it off both Zagnit and Cathcart are good friends with each other as well so there's that too.
Nobody from the 4Kids cast has said anything nice about him. At a con, Veronica Taylor was asked “what would you say to the voice of Gary” and she looked uncomfortable and bit her tongue.

He burned bridges. There’s a reason why he only does Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom