• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP46: Bearing Down Easy!

1/11 this time, almost no cues played in the Japanese Version in the episode itself and this episode has the least cues in ages (listed as 19 on pm.net as various previews, PokeRiddle & eyecatches are included there, but 8 aren't counted as not part of the ep. itself).

There's a lot of silent scenes originally, basically, explaining why this is the case. @snowmint I only heard 'Pokémon Gym' ~Tv Anime Ver. kept at the very end.

COMMENTARY

So does Mr. Goldfarb HATE any Journeys title card OST or what? He keeps replacing it with his own dub-created specific jingle, and I'll never get why-- just purely created dub music (how long has this been happening for in JN, curious?). Thanks, Ed, your Era holds the "record" by a large margin as to which Era of the dub was most adverse to keeping any form of the Japanese soundtrack in the title card screen (sarcasm).

- We've all commented on one of the worst visual edits in the Series to date as Ash + other humans like TRio getting frozen, as it was something even 4Kids (infamous for visual editing in a bad way in any Series they handled really) knew better than to censor of all people from OS all the way to late AG, and TPCi themselves let occur many times in Diamond & Pearl prior, skipping discussion on acting, writing, etc. as nothing of note to report there as "standard" (what it usually is, YMMV) fare -

The only comment I'll make since it's semi-relevant and new is that while Jason Griffith's Cilan seemed to have gotten deeper and was a bit worse but still OK in JN vs BW's dub prior in his last episode as the character, it is at least nice to hear Oshawott sounds the same as it did in BW at least for the Pokémon.

- Same old, same old minus TRio really -

Last edited:
We've now gotten to the point that a scene of Ash being frozen by an Ice-type attack is now considered too inappropriate for non-Japanese audiences? The 4Kids-level censorship we've had since SM has hit another new low. I'd really be wanting to hear what the reason for this one is and what made it inappropriate in the first place.

I mean, we've had many instances in earlier series of Ash or another human getting frozen, yet those scenes were left uncensored?
well since this is from an asian dub then this would mean that TPCi are not the ones at fault here. So they can be given a break in this instance.

well since this is from an asian dub then this would mean that TPCi are not the ones at fault here. So they can be given a break in this instance.
Unless they ordered it, but TPC Asia is at fault if they did- imagine censoring something 4Kids didn't, of all people, Taiwan REALLY if you ordered this one...

Unless they ordered it, but TPC Asia is at fault if they did- imagine censoring something 4Kids didn't, of all people, Taiwan REALLY if you ordered this one...
So it was Taiwan of all places that saw it as offensive? You know TPCI hit the bottom of the barrel when they censor something not even 4Kids ever did.

TPCi has nothing to do with Taiwan so it would've been TPC Asia or OLM themselves for whatever reason, TPCi is not to blame.
What will be interesting is if it’s either, Dogasu will have an interesting reaction that things even 4Kids let go are being censored for International distribution by OLM in Japan now & he’ll be horrified if so lol.

TPCi has nothing to do with Taiwan so it would've been TPC Asia or OLM themselves for whatever reason, TPCi is not to blame.
I always come to false accusations... but god it's crazy how much people in this forum learn about what triggers certain censors. No wonder I stopped watching with all this censorship and gutting of the music.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom