• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

Poke Trey

23 now!
Reaction score
I'm thinking possibly August Netflix might release the 1st batch of S25, but that's if after May they go back to 3-month gaps between releases. It could be September just when S24 was released last year though.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
That's much earlier than expected but still welcomed! There will be something to look forward to each week and If everything goes well all 2022 episodes released until now on Japan will have a dub this year.

I hope the first Netflix batch has 15 episodes instead of 12, otherwise it will be somewhat boring and it will only have 3 regions visited.

CrystalRose21

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
So...the 25th season's name is officially Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series? Now, I have a confirmation that a certain rumor (if I recall correctly) is true.

PaperSplash

Pika, Pikachu! Kachu!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
While this season was admittedly announced taster than I expected, I still find the regional release gaps pretty unacceptable. It's bad enough how long we have to wait after the Japanese premieres; why does Canada get to see the English versions which are all ready to go before anyone else does? Whether it's Teletoon's fault or Netflix's, this drip feed system is getting harder and harder to bear.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
While this season was admittedly announced taster than I expected, I still find the regional release gaps pretty unacceptable. It's bad enough how long we have to wait after the Japanese premieres; why does Canada get to see the English versions which are all ready to go before anyone else does? Whether it's Teletoon's fault or Netflix's, this drip feed system is getting harder and harder to bear.

It's not a "fault", they literally pay more to premiere it first and Netflix doesn't seem interested in reversing that. Like @Momentum said, it's hard to guess whether its a leftover from a previous contract or some contract they keep renewing between TPCi and Teletoon.

PaperSplash

Pika, Pikachu! Kachu!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
It's not a "fault", they literally pay more to premiere it first and Netflix doesn't seem interested in reversing that. Like @Momentum said, it's hard to guess whether its a leftover from a previous contract or some contract they keep renewing between TPCi and Teletoon.
In that case I do specifically blame Teletoon because their channel only exists in Canada, which effectively leaves the rest of the western world out of luck (as far as legal accessibility goes) for at least a few extra months.

abcboy

wants to take a nap
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/they
We do know that Teletoon is definitely aware of their status, since some ad spots for S24 explicitly mentioned that they would have "the North American premiere" of the season. It's also definitely a fair assumption that they either outbid Netflix or have a continuing long-term contract for the series in Canada, since if Netflix did outbid them, they almost certainly would have taken over exclusive distribution like they have in the US or Latin America.

But Teletoon have almost nothing to do with anything outside of Canada: they only operate in the Canadian market and would only negotiate broadcast rights for Canada. Teletoon/Corus wouldn't buy rights to air it anywhere else because they don't operate there. Anything happening outside of Canada is really the responsibility of the licensor (TPCi) and the local distributors (Netflix/etc.). Teletoon airing it first doesn't make Netflix slower.

snowmint

Henshin A Go Go Baby!
Reaction score
Isn't Netflix just dropping the ball basically for the US and how they distribute anime in general? Ithey bitched Jojo part 6 but I'm surprised how decent they handled the shaman king reboot

Ricbolog1310

Battle Dimension Pokémon!
Reaction score
Is the footage for this trailer not beyond the first 5 episodes? Because in the possibility they included the Arceus specials in this season, I wonder where they could have placed them, since they originally aired between and JN093-JN094 and JN094-JN095.

Momentum

Reaction score
Is the footage for this trailer not beyond the first 5 episodes? Because in the possibility they included the Arceus specials in this season, I wonder where they could have placed them, since they originally aired between and JN093-JN094 and JN094-JN095.
Would there even be a point now? Because when it comes to mainline games, TPCi would usually have the first episode or two of each respective tie-in premiere relatively close to said game's localized release. The specials have missed PLA's launch by several months now, so I'm not holding my breath. It's not like they cared to include the Mega Evolution Specials with the XY seasons, which were dubbed but never officially released physically or digitally in English IIRC.

PaperSplash

Pika, Pikachu! Kachu!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Maybe they'll shadowdrop them on Pokémon TV at some point, at least as a temporary thing.

Momentum

Reaction score
The exact same thing also applies to "Pokémon Hisuian Snow" and yet that's still getting an English dub.
There's a notable difference here though. Hisuian Snow, while premiering a few months after the launch of PLA, was distributed same day across the world. The anime specials, however, premiered in Japan right as PLA was about to release. For all intents and purposes, these all premiered exactly when Japan intended them to, whereas the same care was not put towards the anime specials outside of Japan. If anything, Hisuian Snow gives TPCi less incentive to localize the anime specials since they already have a set of episodes to promote PLA with.

Hidden Mew

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a notable difference here though. Hisuian Snow, while premiering a few months after the launch of PLA, was distributed same day across the world. The anime specials, however, premiered in Japan right as PLA was about to release. For all intents and purposes, these all premiered exactly when Japan intended them to, whereas the same care was not put towards the anime specials outside of Japan. If anything, Hisuian Snow gives TPCi less incentive to localize the anime specials since they already have a set of episodes to promote PLA with.
Considering that Hisuian Snow most likely won't feature much, if any, of the new characters from Legends Arceus, if only because it is focused on an original character, and we may not see too many Hisuian forms besides Zorua and Zoroark, I don't know if that would take away any incentive to localize the special. They don't really do much promotion for these online mini-series either, even with giving them a dub.

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
There's a notable difference here though. Hisuian Snow, while premiering a few months after the launch of PLA, was distributed same day across the world. The anime specials, however, premiered in Japan right as PLA was about to release.

The gap between the Japanese version and the English version is irrelevant in this case. Because either way the dub-only audience (aka the overwhelming majority of the Pokémon fandom in the West) isn't going to be seeing this special set of episodes for months after the games have been released.

If TPCi bothered to dub the episodes set in the Galar region 6+ months after the release of Sword & Shield then they can bother to dub the Amazon Prime specials set in the Sinnoh region months after the release of Pokémon Legends Arceus.