• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

With You ended up being replaced for the MPM portion of Ultimate Journeys with another remix of
Pokémon Theme that mainly uses archival audio from the cover used in Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You.
Gotta Catch ‘Em All
Music and Lyrics by John Siegler and John Loeffler
Arranged by Ed Goldfarb
Performed by Ben Dixon and the Sad Truth, Haven Paschall and Hilary Thomas

Just watched the intro right now and it brought tears to my eyes. The is end is near for the English dub of Ash Ketchum's journey .

I wish they could've changed the title too to differentiate it a little bit from the previous arc.

Something like "Pokemon: The Final Journey" or something a long those lines. But I guess Ultimate Journeys still fits the purpose for these next 11 episodes.

Just watched the intro right now and it brought tears to my eyes. The is end is near for the English dub of Ash Ketchum's journey .

I wish they could've changed the title too to differentiate it a little bit from the previous arc.

Something like "Pokemon: The Final Journey" or something a long those lines. But I guess Ultimate Journeys still fits the purpose for these next 11 episodes.
Honestly they should have just gone with a new title like that or "Pokemon: Aim To Be A Pokemon Master" Despite the technicalities of listings and the dub, I just don't consider MPM to be Journeys. It was marketed as it own mini series and that's what I'll call it. Its own mini series.

Honestly they should have just gone with a new title like that or "Pokemon: Aim To Be A Pokemon Master" Despite the technicalities of listings and the dub, I just don't consider MPM to be Journeys. It was marketed as it own mini series and that's what I'll call it. Its own mini series.
I can't really blame them for including it as part of Journeys for the international release. It was probably easier to include it as part of Journeys' third season as opposed to labeling it as its own series, especially when the specials tend to not get DVD releases unless they're included in a season. That being said, I also don't consider MPM as part of Journeys. Not only because of how it was marketed in Japan, but it doesn't really feel connected to Journeys beyond seeing some of Ash's adventures after he and Goh went their separate ways. The episode where they split up also feels a lot more fitting as a series finale for Journeys, especially when that is more in line with how other series tend to wrap up with Ash and his friends going their separate ways. MPM feels more like its own separate thing as opposed to the last arc of Journeys.

I can't really blame them for including it as part of Journeys for the international release. It was probably easier to include it as part of Journeys' third season as opposed to labeling it as its own series, especially when the specials tend to not get DVD releases unless they're included in a season. That being said, I also don't consider MPM as part of Journeys. Not only because of how it was marketed in Japan, but it doesn't really feel connected to Journeys beyond seeing some of Ash's adventures after he and Goh went their separate ways. The episode where they split up also feels a lot more fitting as a series finale for Journeys, especially when that is more in line with how other series tend to wrap up with Ash and his friends going their separate ways. MPM feels more like its own separate thing as opposed to the last arc of Journeys.
Its just weird to do it this way. And I'm glad I'm not alone in not considering it part of Journeys. Journeys is about Ash and Goh's adventures. This is not that. Its Ash's adventures with Brock and Misty as he tries to decide what it means to be a Pokemon Master to him. It was marketed as a mini series rather than specifically a continuation of Journeys.

Its just weird to do it this way. And I'm glad I'm not alone in not considering it part of Journeys. Journeys is about Ash and Goh's adventures. This is not that. Its Ash's adventures with Brock and Misty as he tries to decide what it means to be a Pokemon Master to him. It was marketed as a mini series rather than specifically a continuation of Journeys.
Good points, but in this arc Ash is still wearing his Journeys outfit and when the episodes themselves were added to Prime Video Japan they were simply included in the Pocket Monsters 2019 list, so I'm personally not too bothered by it.

With You ended up being replaced for the MPM portion of Ultimate Journeys with another remix of
Pokémon Theme that mainly uses archival audio from the cover used in Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You.
Gotta Catch ‘Em All
Music and Lyrics by John Siegler and John Loeffler
Arranged by Ed Goldfarb
Performed by Ben Dixon and the Sad Truth, Haven Paschall and Hilary Thomas

nice touch

It's better than With You, but still pales compared to the original 4Kids did (I hate that TPCi limits them to 30 seconds especially, why?).

It's better than With You, but still pales compared to the original 4Kids did (I hate that TPCi limits them to 30 seconds especially, why?).
Yeah......4Kids had some banger intros. In fact, I don't think I disliked a single one of them.

Yeah......4Kids had some banger intros. In fact, I don't think I disliked a single one of them.
Same thoughts, the only ones I didn't generally dislike from TPCi otoh were Battle Frontier & Galactic Battles save this one personally (don't love this one, but definitely better than the prior one for me).

Hopefully they do a cover of "time has come" song for the dub...
JN142: The Same Moon, Now and Forever!
"When members of different groups get separated, the one thing they seem to have in common is the moon in the sky."
Source: TV Passport

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom