• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

So the finale of MPM comes soon over here and just like 146, 147 also uses the JP title, very good on their part! Now about today's edit, just like MPM04, this is an OLM edit given to asian countries, the english version just so happened to have gotten this too. In other words, the Dub didn't do it, the Japanese did.
I'm not sure the dubbers (in Asia or in the US, we don't know who) didn't order OLM to do so first hand either as that's also possible, but Japan pre-censoring Takeshi (Brock) maracas is hilarious if true: 4Kids had no problem with them in Johto or Hoenn, and TPCi didn't have any issue with them in Battle Frontier or Sinnoh, so this is very weird lol.

So the finale of MPM comes soon over here and just like 146, 147 also uses the JP title, very good on their part! Now about today's edit, just like MPM04, this is an OLM edit given to asian countries, the english version just so happened to have gotten this too. In other words, the Dub didn't do it, the Japanese did.
Yes, but why and on who's behalf, likely for the English version.

JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!
22nd July 2023
Source: Cartoon Network Canada schedule
How is that the English title? Isn’t that the Japanese title? Idk.

I had no idea (other than Pokémon I Choose You/Kimi ni Kimeta)

That’s cool! 17 year end anniversary or something like that?
Honestly, when the title got revealed yesterday I thought it was just TV guides up to their past occasional habit of mixing in translated Japanese titles with English titles considering if you clicked on the show's name on the TV Passport CN Canada schedule for July 22nd, it would take you to a page with all the episodes with their Japanese title translations. Now that OnTVTonight has updated with their schedule for broadcasts with the schedule of July 22nd with this exact title, it is 100% certain now that they did not mix it and this is actually the English title.

Last edited:
We should be happy the dub is still going... Obviously it could be cancelled if the power that be choose to do so... Look at power rangers getting cancelled recently.

We should be happy the dub is still going... Obviously it could be cancelled if the power that be choose to do so... Look at power rangers getting cancelled recently.
They’d never cancel their advertisement for the games, never, the Anime is a staple of the franchise for better or for worse.

It's not confirmed that PR is canceled, just rumors that we're taking a break after Cosmic Fury. Plus, I just really want to know where the HZ dub will air on....

I'm 90% sure HZ will air on Netflix, looking at how episode 12 feels like the end of a batch and how episode 13 feels like the start of the next. We will know for sure in the Comic-Con.

I'm 90% sure HZ will air on Netflix, looking at how episode 12 feels like the end of a batch and how episode 13 feels like the start of the next. We will know for sure in the Comic-Con.
I hope not, considering how atrocious Journeys's schedule was on Netflix.

I hope not, considering how atrocious Journeys's schedule was on Netflix.
Yeah! And now I have to wait until OCTOBER to watch MPM (dubbed)… unless I can watch the Canada airing!
Anyway, I HATE Journey’s Netflix schedule. If they dare do that with Horizons… I’m tuning out.

They’ll probably release the final episodes to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the show airing in the US, which was September 7, 1998. Battle Aboard the St. Anne aired as a sneak preview. But EP001 aired the next day and the 8th this year falls on a Friday, so I can see that as well.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom