• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

They’ll probably release the final episodes to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the show airing in the US, which was September 7, 1998. Battle Aboard the St. Anne aired as a sneak preview. But EP001 aired the next day and the 8th this year falls on a Friday, so I can see that as well.
Pretty much, although it's hilarious the actual current English dub's end will be in July for the Anime, as it was with the original English dub for it (July 8, 2006 on Kids WB in the United States was the original English run's end, outside of M08 on September 19, 2006 which was the final work of the original team before TPCi's purge which was met with fierce backlash by most at the time, and justifiably so- in this case, it'll end on July 22, 2023 in Canada on the "new CN" though).

The original run's debuts ended in the United States on local Saturday Morning TV, whereas the current one's will end in Canada on the "new CN" instead, ironic.

They really need to do better for the Horizons dub in the US. The Netflix release schedule has neen atrocious and its left us the farthest behind we've ever been for the dub.
I'm "okay" with a time period gap, so long as the quality of what is put out, ends up being passable or better (Battle Frontier and early DP were easily the worst of the English run pre-XY to present IMO, and during that period they more or less caught up some time between the original and dub back then via racing through AG146-DP052 before TAJ went defunct which is the studio PUSA contracted to do the dub during that time, so it's not necessarily indicative of quality at all to me & could be quite the contrary). However, right now, it's 100% a far cry from that, and Netflix treats it as an afterthought in the US indeed for the most part (it gets better treatment in Canada, hilariously, not where it's recorded on their new CN).

I really hope they seek to make a lot of things right they did wrong with this Series' dubbing in HZ, it's their chance for a blank slate and all new characters/roles to cast: we'll see if they're up to the challenge.

Sad JCC couldn’t make it to the end as he was the only one who almost did who began in EP001 (I don’t like how he and Kayzie got to continue when others couldn’t or weren’t asked to do so at the time, but still) I can tell that’s an impersonator in the video. His Gary will be missed, but I at least understand this change like the other roles he took over, as he can’t continue in that capacity due to illness.

So is Rodger Parsons (Narrator) the one who has had the longest tenure on the English dub, generally speaking? The only time he was absent was AG021-AG145 and M06-M08 in the entire English run, iirc, he was around for all the rest of the 4Kids and TPCi runs.

Honestly, it makes me sad to hear Gary being recasted. I was not a fan of JCCs post- 4Kids roles. But I really liked his Gary as I grew up with watching episode 1.

I’m pretty sure he’s bummed out that he couldn’t continue to voice him, as he genuinely enjoyed his VA roles throughout his 25 year tenure.

His Gary was iconic in my opinion, and I’m not sure how I feel about the new VA from what I heard on this trailer.

Sad JCC couldn’t make it to the end as he was the only one who almost did who began in EP001 (I don’t like how he and Kayzie got to continue when others couldn’t or weren’t asked to do so at the time, but still) I can tell that’s an impersonator in the video. His Gary will be missed, but I at least understand this change like the other roles he took over, as he can’t continue in that capacity due to illness.

So is Rodger Parsons (Narrator) the one who has had the longest tenure on the English dub, generally speaking? The only time he was absent was AG021-AG145 and M06-M08 in the entire English run, iirc, he was around for all the rest of the 4Kids and TPCi runs.

It seems like Rodger Parsons will be the only VA from Ash Ketchum’s era of Pokemon that started in episode 1, and will be voicing the final episode of Ash’s journey.

Honestly, it makes me sad to hear Gary being recasted. I was not a fan of JCCs post- 4Kids roles. But I really liked his Gary as I grew up with watching episode 1.

I’m pretty sure he’s bummed out that he couldn’t continue to voice him, as he genuinely enjoyed his VA roles throughout his 25 year tenure.

His Gary was iconic in my opinion, and I’m not sure how I feel about the new VA from what I heard on this trailer.
Same boat, FWIW. I think he’s alright with it, though, given his condition he likely needs to take it easy not just from a writing perspective but a VA one too and it wasn’t a forcible recast but a voluntary one due to tragic circumstances (may JCC recover from his cancer, much as I was irked by his writing style over the years most of the time post-4Kids and none of the roles he took over gelled with me too much, I agree he was iconic as Gary indeed).

Last edited:
Wait, they did? Where?
At the start of the trailer, it ends with Natochenny’s in the Lapras episode (a shame they didn’t put Taylor’s clips from her very end in it, but at least it was heard in EP001’s clip). I really hope in the HZ dub they give her, Stuart, and Lillis a chance to return in some capacity: I still don’t like how the switch was handled and it really was messed up how the cast got replaced back then IMO, leading to controversy for many years in that time period. It’d be a nice way to bury the hatchet, and might even keep me sticking around to sit through the dub full time again- but we’ll see.

(I’d be willing to suffer through Goldfarb if they resolved that conflict, even if I’m going to be annoyed by his presence in yet another Series- it was expected, sadly)

I'm reading on Twitter that it actually isnt airing next week and it will JN reruns. but I'm not sure if that true though.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom