• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

Netflix is somehow making Cartoon Network look good.

And I'm talking the late era airings where you had to wake up early just to see new episodes.
Even with how far behind Netflix is with releasing the dub, I still don't think that it's worse than Cartoon Network, particularly late era Cartoon Network. At least the episodes are easily accessible on Netflix and being on the site gives it potentially a bigger audience than people waking up at 7AM on Saturday mornings. The way they've been releasing episodes since the first season of Journeys wrapped up has been bad and I assume it's some issue within Netflix given that the dub is airing in Canada, but I just think Cartoon Network's treatment of the dub was worse.

At this rate, we’re going to get the season premiere of Ultimate Journeys around the time Scarlet and Violet come out. That’s horrendous pacing. They should just dump every episode they have so far into one batch, it’s incredibly hard to be interested in the Netflix releases when it’s this far behind. I wonder if the Scarlet and Violet series would be dubbed at the same time, because they need to figure that out. We can’t wait an entire year for the Gen 9 anime to get localized, it is simply ridiculous.
I was hoping that they'd start airing Ultimate Journeys next month, but I don't know if Netflix already released their October premiers. Airing two Pokemon series at the same time could be an interesting possibility. It would be ideal to have something featuring the new games around the time Scarlet/Violet are out and that could be a solution. I still think that if they kept to the same release schedule from the first season, people would probably be more okay with Netflix's treatment of the dub. People still might not like the binge release format, but at least it would be consistent and we probably wouldn't be that far behind the Japanese version either.

You could record it?
If you had DVR you could, but if you didn't, then you had to wait until they uploaded the new episodes On Demand or on their website. It took about a day for them to update their On Demand section, but I think that Cartoon Network eventually uploaded episodes on their website faster than that. It was still a pain in the neck since they didn't even have a repeat slot for the dub after awhile.

I lost interest in watching Journeys subs quite a bit ago, but at this point I've also pretty much lost interest in the dub. This "schedule" (and I'm using that term loosely since the "new episode releases every 4 months" clearly went out the window a long time ago) is an absolute nightmare. I still haven't finished watching the last release. I used to try and pace it out by watching one episode a week so it would take me right into the next release, which worked out perfectly since I don't like to binge watch anyway. I can't do that anymore because the releases have become so erratic, and at this point, I haven't cared to watch. There are just too many other things out there right now that I'm A) interested in watching and B) have consistent release schedules. Mix in the fact that I'm overall lukewarm on Journeys as a whole and it's just become a cluster.

I'm assuming we still have no idea when the next batch of episodes are coming to Netflix? As much as I was looking forward to the special dropping, that still doesn't make up for all the missing core episodes.

I'm assuming we still have no idea when the next batch of episodes are coming to Netflix? As much as I was looking forward to the special dropping, that still doesn't make up for all the missing core episodes.
Nope. But with Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles releasing this Friday, I wanna hope that TPCi and Netflix will use the special as a segue to announce that the first batch of Season 25's episodes will drop in the US in October, but only time will tell.

Last edited:
Nope. But with Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles releasing this Friday, I wanna hope that TPCi and Netflix will use the special as a segue to announce that the first batch of Season 25's episodes will drop in the US in October, but only time will tell.
The new on Netflix October vid just came out on YouTube aaannnnd... no sign of Ultimate Journeys anywhere.

Just for comparison:
- last year, Master Journeys was released in the U.S. on September 10, while it started to air in France on September 4, in Germany on September 5, and in Italy on September 11.
-this year, Ultimate Journeys started to air in Germany on August 14, in France on September 3, and in Italy on September 10, but still no sign on Netflix U.S.

It's the usual "Netflix lateness" where everything Pokemon-related arrives later than expected. My random guess is that they want to take advantage of the SV release on November, but they could forget that and premiering the season on December 31st and it wouldn't be too shocking.

To me the worst part is that the batch itself is quite boring and doesn't become decent until the end, making the wait more painful.

I'm glad that we finally have a release for the next season. I wish it was earlier in October instead, but it's better than waiting another month for them to start the season.
Makes me dread wondering when America will be releasing the first season of the Scarlet/Violet series

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom