• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

It was said that January and March we would get the next 2 parts for S24. Part 2 covering 61-75 which did happen and Part 3 with 76-90 due in March. So yes, 91 was meant to start S25.
  1. Huh. I don't even remember that. Nice.
  2. That's certainly making up for the long gap they took last year.
  3. A fitting end for the season with the Dialga & Palkia two-parter.

It was said that January and March we would get the next 2 parts for S24. Part 2 covering 61-75 which did happen and Part 3 with 76-90 due in March. So yes, 91 was meant to start S25.
The press release said the season would have "approximately 42 episodes" but at the end they were exactly 42 episodes after all.

I wasn't expecting them to announce the new season when the previous one hasn't even finished to air on Netflix, but considering it's already pretty late anyway and with Teletoon starting to air S25 only two days after the final batch of S24 gets released in the US, I guess they had to speed it up a bit.
Also, in my country the season's name is "Esplorazioni Pokémon Super" (Pokémon Super Journeys), so they replaced an English word with another English word which has little connection with the orignal meaning. Even though I have to admit that a more literal translation would have sounded a bit weird, so I can kind of see why they did it.

JN091: The Spectral Express!
JN092: The Winding Path to Greatness!
JN093: It’s all in the Name!
JN094: Suffering the Flings and Arrows!
Source: I Miss Bionix

The season will premiere new episodes weekly beginning on May 28 on Teletoon in Canada. It will be beginning on September 15 on 9Go! in Australia, and later this year on Netflix in the United States, Latin America, and the Nordics.

When S23 concluded on Netflix, it was three months before Canada would get S24... now the gap between S24 and S25 is mere days. I mean, it's great for the fans who hate having long breaks but I still believe this spells trouble for Pokémon's future on Netflix. Assuming they are helping to fund the dub's production, thus the "Netflix Original" branding, I'm failing to see the benefit for Netflix here if other English-speaking countries get the episodes first and are circulated online months in advance.

Does TPCi have some sort of an agreement with Teletoon regarding dub premieres that just hasn't lapsed yet? This was also happening during the Sun & Moon era, and never really stopped to my knowledge. It would explain a lot and why Netflix has been seemingly passing up exclusivity - because I see no other reason why this would continue to be happening unless it was a contractual obligation. Either that or Teletoon is paying out the wazoo for these premieres, which would definitely surprise me given how cheap the Canadian network has become in recent years.

When S23 concluded on Netflix, it was three months before Canada would get S24... now the gap between S24 and S25 is mere days. I mean, it's great for the fans who hate having long breaks but I still believe this spells trouble for Pokémon's future on Netflix. Assuming they are helping to fund the dub's production, thus the "Netflix Original" branding, I'm failing to see the benefit for Netflix here if other English-speaking countries get the episodes first and are circulated online months in advance.
As far as I know, Netflix isn't helping to fund the dub's production. I haven't heard anything like that and I'm not sure why TPCI would need extra funding to begin with. Netflix has used the Netflix Original branding for other shows that they don't own or put money into, particularly with other anime titles. They'd done the same thing with the two most recent Pokemon movies and they definitely didn't contribute to the funding of either of them. Sometimes it's used to make it clear that it's a series exclusive to Netflix. For Pokemon, Netflix just distributes the dub in the U.S., but that's about it.

I'm a bit surprised that they officially announced this season so soon. I know that Netflix will be releasing the rest of Master Journeys later this month, but hopefully they won't take too long to release this season as well. I still believe that if they had continued their consistent release schedule from Journeys' first season, people would be probably more okay with Netflix releasing the dub. Hopefully Netflix won't have so many long unnecessary gaps for the releases of this season. Getting to hear the new dub opening will be pretty nice too.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom