• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

That's much earlier than expected but still welcomed! There will be something to look forward to each week and If everything goes well all 2022 episodes released until now on Japan will have a dub this year.

I hope the first Netflix batch has 15 episodes instead of 12, otherwise it will be somewhat boring and it will only have 3 regions visited.

While this season was admittedly announced taster than I expected, I still find the regional release gaps pretty unacceptable. It's bad enough how long we have to wait after the Japanese premieres; why does Canada get to see the English versions which are all ready to go before anyone else does? Whether it's Teletoon's fault or Netflix's, this drip feed system is getting harder and harder to bear.

While this season was admittedly announced taster than I expected, I still find the regional release gaps pretty unacceptable. It's bad enough how long we have to wait after the Japanese premieres; why does Canada get to see the English versions which are all ready to go before anyone else does? Whether it's Teletoon's fault or Netflix's, this drip feed system is getting harder and harder to bear.

It's not a "fault", they literally pay more to premiere it first and Netflix doesn't seem interested in reversing that. Like @Momentum said, it's hard to guess whether its a leftover from a previous contract or some contract they keep renewing between TPCi and Teletoon.

It's not a "fault", they literally pay more to premiere it first and Netflix doesn't seem interested in reversing that. Like @Momentum said, it's hard to guess whether its a leftover from a previous contract or some contract they keep renewing between TPCi and Teletoon.
In that case I do specifically blame Teletoon because their channel only exists in Canada, which effectively leaves the rest of the western world out of luck (as far as legal accessibility goes) for at least a few extra months.

We do know that Teletoon is definitely aware of their status, since some ad spots for S24 explicitly mentioned that they would have "the North American premiere" of the season. It's also definitely a fair assumption that they either outbid Netflix or have a continuing long-term contract for the series in Canada, since if Netflix did outbid them, they almost certainly would have taken over exclusive distribution like they have in the US or Latin America.

But Teletoon have almost nothing to do with anything outside of Canada: they only operate in the Canadian market and would only negotiate broadcast rights for Canada. Teletoon/Corus wouldn't buy rights to air it anywhere else because they don't operate there. Anything happening outside of Canada is really the responsibility of the licensor (TPCi) and the local distributors (Netflix/etc.). Teletoon airing it first doesn't make Netflix slower.

Isn't Netflix just dropping the ball basically for the US and how they distribute anime in general? Ithey bitched Jojo part 6 but I'm surprised how decent they handled the shaman king reboot

Is the footage for this trailer not beyond the first 5 episodes? Because in the possibility they included the Arceus specials in this season, I wonder where they could have placed them, since they originally aired between and JN093-JN094 and JN094-JN095.

Is the footage for this trailer not beyond the first 5 episodes? Because in the possibility they included the Arceus specials in this season, I wonder where they could have placed them, since they originally aired between and JN093-JN094 and JN094-JN095.
Would there even be a point now? Because when it comes to mainline games, TPCi would usually have the first episode or two of each respective tie-in premiere relatively close to said game's localized release. The specials have missed PLA's launch by several months now, so I'm not holding my breath. It's not like they cared to include the Mega Evolution Specials with the XY seasons, which were dubbed but never officially released physically or digitally in English IIRC.

Maybe they'll shadowdrop them on Pokémon TV at some point, at least as a temporary thing.

The exact same thing also applies to "Pokémon Hisuian Snow" and yet that's still getting an English dub.
There's a notable difference here though. Hisuian Snow, while premiering a few months after the launch of PLA, was distributed same day across the world. The anime specials, however, premiered in Japan right as PLA was about to release. For all intents and purposes, these all premiered exactly when Japan intended them to, whereas the same care was not put towards the anime specials outside of Japan. If anything, Hisuian Snow gives TPCi less incentive to localize the anime specials since they already have a set of episodes to promote PLA with.

There's a notable difference here though. Hisuian Snow, while premiering a few months after the launch of PLA, was distributed same day across the world. The anime specials, however, premiered in Japan right as PLA was about to release. For all intents and purposes, these all premiered exactly when Japan intended them to, whereas the same care was not put towards the anime specials outside of Japan. If anything, Hisuian Snow gives TPCi less incentive to localize the anime specials since they already have a set of episodes to promote PLA with.
Considering that Hisuian Snow most likely won't feature much, if any, of the new characters from Legends Arceus, if only because it is focused on an original character, and we may not see too many Hisuian forms besides Zorua and Zoroark, I don't know if that would take away any incentive to localize the special. They don't really do much promotion for these online mini-series either, even with giving them a dub.

There's a notable difference here though. Hisuian Snow, while premiering a few months after the launch of PLA, was distributed same day across the world. The anime specials, however, premiered in Japan right as PLA was about to release.

The gap between the Japanese version and the English version is irrelevant in this case. Because either way the dub-only audience (aka the overwhelming majority of the Pokémon fandom in the West) isn't going to be seeing this special set of episodes for months after the games have been released.

If TPCi bothered to dub the episodes set in the Galar region 6+ months after the release of Sword & Shield then they can bother to dub the Amazon Prime specials set in the Sinnoh region months after the release of Pokémon Legends Arceus.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom