• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

I edited to add IMHO, since obviously nobody probably knows for sure and it was just an idea I had now that Pokémon TV added playlist of Ash's most memorable battles. It would be neat, albeit a little bit heavy-handed, historic reference since:
Ash is facing once again a very long awaited battle against Cynthia, we already know he will be behind quite a bit from start and could also not rely on Pikachu, but almost certainly Lucario will come and sweep the rest. So it is not that dissimilar from battle against Gary. We just have to see how much steel has to do with Lucario's winning as heat had with Charizard's.

And although historically there have been since slightly more memorable episodes, "Battling a Thaw in Relations!" is a little bit mouthful and "Enter the Champion" probably a little bit direct and simple.

But almost everyone remembers "Can't Beat the Heat", not only what happened, but title itself as well.

I’m not Canadian so I can’t watch on TV. Is there another way to watch the episodes dubbed?
No, there isn't. This thread already covers the legal methods of watching the anime: Where to watch the anime online

We don't allow discussions of any illegal places to watch the anime, so you'll just need to wait until the dub is legally available on one of those sites instead.

During the month of September, POP in the UK is scheduled to air episodes 1-22 of season 25 on weekdays at 6:30 pm. This means that they'll air JN109 on the 27th, JN110 on the 28th, JN111 on the 29th, and JN112 on the 30th, likely before Teletoon in Canada. No episode titles yet.

During the month of September, POP in the UK is scheduled to air episodes 1-22 of season 25 on weekdays at 6:30 pm. This means that they'll air JN109 on the 27th, JN110 on the 28th, JN111 on the 29th, and JN112 on the 30th, likely before Teletoon in Canada. No episode titles yet.
Teletoon takes a hiatus right before JN105? WHAT

Well, her return was a pretty huge deal. :giggle: The internet still hasn't recovered.
I’ve been thinking of that episode every single day ever since she returned. Watching that and all of XY again made me feel so emotionally fulfilled. It even inspired me to drop competitive Smash in exchange for pursuing video game development instead, because I want to work hard on a dream that will make both me and my audience happy, in the same way that it did with Serena. I even got this nifty XY anime display as a memento after I finished the rewatch. Inspiration can come from the wildest places!

AF595D36-92C3-4877-94B5-0EDAB01EF904.jpeg

I’ve been thinking of that episode every single day ever since she returned. Watching that and all of XY again made me feel so emotionally fulfilled. It even inspired me to drop competitive Smash in exchange for pursuing video game development instead, because I want to work hard on a dream that will make both me and my audience happy, in the same way that it did with Serena. I even got this nifty XY anime display as a memento after I finished the rewatch. Inspiration can come from the wildest places!

View attachment 162847
I'm glad to know you liked the episode, Serena, and all of XY so much! :D As quite possibly my favorite series (I'm torn between it and AG/OS, there are parts of all three that I like very much,) it's good to hear other people (such as yourself,) give their impassioned takes on it as well! :giggle: Though, I gotta level with ya. I'm a Serena fan, yes, but not exactly for the same reasons you are, I don't think. It's mostly because of Amourshipping that I'm a fan of hers, yes I'll admit. I love a good romance story and am of something of a (hopeless?) romantic myself. The relationship between Ash and Serena is so sweet and I find it to be absolutely adorable, and heartwarming too. :bulbaLove: I'm also fond of Serena's kind, sweet nature, and how she always believes in Ash and never once makes fun of him or antagonizes him as past female traveling companions did so often (Iris, Dawn, Misty.)

Admittedly, I've struggled mightily with being empathetic throughout my life as I can be somewhat self-centered, so the whole, "making others smile/happy," thing Serena does, while nice, is just not something I really understand myself. (It probably doesn't help that I have a somewhat negative opinion of most people, so empathy comes doubly hard for me. Ironically, speaking of XY, the one person who I find myself thinking like sometimes and somewhat empathize with is none other than.......Lysandre. I guess you could just call what I have jaded frustration with the human race. :oops:) Plus, I never cared for Pokemon contests or performances much, so Serena's goal to me was........meh.

So to sum it up, I kinda like Serena and the XY series for the simple, generic reasons: Amourshipping, the heavy focus on action and adventure, the visuals, etc. But to me, all those things that XY had going for it are what make it a great story in my eyes. :giggle:

Oh yeah, almost forgot, that's a really cool collection you've got there, BTW! That XY anime display is totally awesome! :bulbaLove: Not to mention all the Gamecube games you've got there too, I see you've got one of my favorites, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door! :giggle: (Why the multiple copies, though? :unsure:)

Last edited:
I'm glad to know you liked the episode, Serena, and all of XY so much! :D As quite possibly my favorite series (I'm torn between it and AG/OS, there are parts of all three that I like very much,) it's good to hear other people (such as yourself,) give their empassioned takes on it as well! :giggle: Though, I gotta level with ya. I'm a Serena fan, yes, but not exactly for the same reasons you are, I don't think. It's mostly because of Amourshipping that I'm a fan of hers, yes I'll admit. I love a good romance story and am of something of a (hopeless?) romantic myself. The relationship between Ash and Serena is so sweet and I find it to be absolutely adorable, and heartwarming too. :bulbaLove: I'm also fond of Serena's kind, sweet nature, and how she always believes in Ash and never once makes fun of him or antagonizes him as past female traveling companions did so often (Iris, Dawn, Misty.)

Admittedly, I've struggled mightily with being empathetic throughout my life as I can be somewhat self-centered, so the whole, "making others smile/happy," thing Serena does, while nice, is just not something I really understand myself. (It probably doesn't help that I have a somewhat negative opinion of most people, so empathy comes doubly hard for me. Ironically, speaking of XY, the one person who I find myself thinking like sometimes and somewhat empathize with is none other than.......Lysandre. I guess you could just call what I have jaded frustration with the human race. :oops:) Plus, I never cared for Pokemon contests or performances much, so Serena's goal to me was........meh.

So to sum it up, I kinda like Serena and the XY series for the simple, generic reasons: Amourshipping, the heavy focus on action and adventure, the visuals, etc. But to me, all those things that Xy had going for it are what make a great story in my eyes. :giggle:

Oh yeah, almost forgot, that's a really cool collection you've got there, BTW! That XY anime display is totally awesome! :bulbaLove: Not to mention all the Gamecube games you've got there too, I see you've got one of my favorites, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door! :giggle: (Why the multiple copies, though? :unsure:)
Amourshipping is very wholesome. I like the dynamic between Ash and Serena because it encompasses what their world is all about. Ash tells Serena to never give up until the very end, a piece of advice that she holds dear to her heart. As Serena isn’t enjoying her life at home at the start of XY, we can assume that she hasn’t met many other great people after Ash selflessly helped her out all those years ago. On top of that, when Serena sees Ash on TV, he just selflessly saved a Garchomp from destroying Prism Tower. The fact that Ash always helps out others purely out of kindness is the biggest reason Serena sets out to find him again, because he brought her joy in a time when she needed it the most; attending a summer camp far away from home that she never wanted to go to.

Amourshipping also ties into Serena’s performance arc. She thinks about Ash’s advice often, like “never giving up until the end” in XY080 when her skirt gets ruined, or how “eating makes you feel better” in XY109 when trying to cheer up Sylveon. By Ash having a positive influence on Serena, he inspires her to be an even better person than she could ever imagine. Serena was lacking someone in her life that could look out for her in the way Ash does throughout XY, as her mom didn’t seem to realize that she wasn’t happy with her life at home. Ash’s advice constantly guided Serena throughout XY, and it lead to her being the confident and independent person she is in JN105, to the point where she took Ash’s advice to heart and made it her own. In fact, Amourshipping also affected Ash as well. For example, in XY083, Ash trusts Serena in taking over controlling the Mamoswine, due to her Rhyhorn Racer experience. Of course, there’s also XY121, where Serena makes Ash snap out of his depression. They both respect and help out each other throughout XY. Like you said, it is heartwarming.

Another aspect I like about Serena’s character is how passionate of a person she is. At the start of her second showcase in XY080, we can see that she’s up at sunrise, ready for her next showcase. This implies that she didn’t get much sleep the night before, and is excited to go for her first victory. She also has a hard time falling asleep when she thinks about something that affects her, like capturing the performing Eevee, or when Palermo tells her that she’s lacking something. If Serena wants something, or knows that things could be better, she tends to think about it a lot. She can even self-deduce and come to her own conclusions. She tells Palermo that Aria wins because she gives back to her fans, while Serena is inexperienced and relies on receiving help too much. She also realizes that being mentored by Palermo will take away her freedom to try new things, so she tells her that she wants to stay independent instead. Serena just has so many great qualities as a person. She cares about things, she takes her career seriously, she is able to self-reflect, and is open to critism. She’s simply a well written character.

The GameCube games are part of a bigger video game collection that I have. I have a ton of games on my shelves, I just happened to put the XY display on the GameCube row. Maybe I should do a YouTube video of my video game collection someday…

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom